Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Nvidia Drivers

  1. #1
    I am not sure if this goes in hardware or software, being as I need software for hardware components. Anyway, recently I had computer trouble, and since it was fixed the graphics on my computer have been dodgy at best, with nothing being able to run at full screen and everything that moves being jumpy.

    Well, after trying to install a game and it saying it was unable to initialize 3D output, I realised I had not updated my drivers. I am using a Nvidia Geforce 6200 128MB graphics card and can not find drivers for it, can anybody help me out here?

    Much appreciated if you can.

  2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CO
    Age
    40
    Posts
    29,632
    Quote Originally Posted by scott_pd View Post
    I am not sure if this goes in hardware or software, being as I need software for hardware components. Anyway, recently I had computer trouble, and since it was fixed the graphics on my computer have been dodgy at best, with nothing being able to run at full screen and everything that moves being jumpy.

    Well, after trying to install a game and it saying it was unable to initialize 3D output, I realised I had not updated my drivers. I am using a Nvidia Geforce 6200 128MB graphics card and can not find drivers for it, can anybody help me out here?

    Much appreciated if you can.
    Most NVIDIA drivers are the same:

    http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

    Go to Graphics Driver > GeForce and TNT2



    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    The FST Last.fm group

  3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Thanks, I did look there, but because I could not see my card, I did not download anything else.

  4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CO
    Age
    40
    Posts
    29,632
    No problem. That's one of the reasons I like NVIDIA over ATI.

    I was always irritated by all of the ATI bs that you are required to install.



    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    The FST Last.fm group

  5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    20
    Posts
    11,028

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by scott_pd View Post
    Thanks, I did look there, but because I could not see my card, I did not download anything else.
    You can always check the release notes to be sure your nVidia product is supported in the latest release, however you should really always use the drivers that originally come with the product. As I've been told...

    But as Skizo said nVidia drivers are compatible for most of their cards (Not sure about old GeForce 2s...)
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

  6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt View Post
    ... you should really always use the drivers that originally come with the product. As I've been told...
    I disagree with that. Driver improvements made after that point can be quite beneficial.

  7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CO
    Age
    40
    Posts
    29,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt View Post
    ... you should really always use the drivers that originally come with the product. As I've been told...
    I disagree with that. Driver improvements made after that point can be quite beneficial.
    Ditto.

    Drivers sometimes require an update just like most software. Often times your disc will only contain "driver 1.0", while the appropriate website may have v2.3 for example.



    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    The FST Last.fm group

  8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    20
    Posts
    11,028
    I was told from Dell tech...
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

  9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Its of no matter anyway, I do not have the disk with the origional drivers and I can not find the drivers specifically for the 6200, these drviers work fine and I am ok with that.

  10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt View Post
    I was told from Dell tech...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •