View Poll Results: Is this packaging racist?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 33.33%
  • No

6 66.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Packaging query

MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral

One thing that I find rather interesting, despite how dull it may seem, is observing the difference in packaging on goods sold here and across the border. Anyhow, I bought some plantation sugar the other day at the grocery store, and was wondering if the same packaging would be used in the States.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicNakor View Post

One thing that I find rather interesting, despite how dull it may seem, is observing the difference in packaging on goods sold here and across the border. Anyhow, I bought some plantation sugar the other day at the grocery store, and was wondering if the same packaging would be used in the States.

I'm sure it could be legally proven to be racist in the U.S.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!

No. When making any packaging, there needs to be a marketing research and that picture would be poor marketing.

Know your audience.

If cotton balls were sold with the same picture and called Plantation Cotton, it'd the same difference.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    manker's Avatar effendi

Sooooo, MN, you found another job yet or what.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

No. When making any packaging, there needs to be a marketing research and that picture would be poor marketing.

Know your audience.
    I'll avoid the obvious question.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

Know your audience.
    Maybe you don't know this but usually when you do that, I'm just thinking, "Okay, whateverthefuck".

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7

Maybe you don't know this but usually when you do that, I'm just thinking, "Okay, whateverthefuck".
    Which, translated, means, "I can't figure out how to respond, given the corner I painted myself into earlier."

Don't worry, that's fine

Even I wouldn't know what to do if ever I were hoist on several petards at once.

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8

Which, translated, means, "I can't figure out how to respond, given the corner I painted myself into earlier."

Don't worry, that's fine

Even I wouldn't know what to do if ever I were hoist on several petards at once.
    1. I don't need to figure out how to respond? You act as if I'm obliged.

2. What corner?

3. Even you? I really don't have you at any high-standard.

You're like the butt fucking ugly girl that also wears polka dot pants with a striped shirt and thinks she's the cutest thing in the world.

"You go, girl"

Honestly, when you say obvious question without saying it....it's really "whateverthefuck" and don't care if you ever mention it.

You may as well had said. "High, migh nayme is James Kevin. I own a manchun an a yaut."

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9

Don't worry, that's fine

2. What corner?

You're like the butt fucking ugly girl that also wears polka dot pants with a striped shirt and thinks she's the cutest thing in the world.

"You go, girl"

Honestly, when you say obvious question without saying it....it's really "whateverthefuck" and don't care if you ever mention it.

You may as well had said. "High, migh nayme is James Kevin. I own a manchun an a yaut."
    So you still spill more cyber-ink replying than I did posting.

How 'bout that.

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10

2. What corner?

"You go, girl"

So you still spill more cyber-ink replying than I did posting.

How 'bout that.
    Yeah.

Maybe cuz I posted triple your words that means I'm still wondering and I am flummoxed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast