Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can u get banned after PU status

man2069us's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Just wanted to know if the 28/42 days of inactivity policy applies to Power Users too. I am pretty active on the torrent scene for now because of free time but may not be a few months later. So just wanted to know if I shud try and get a PU status (thru upload not donation) on my essential trackers it wud spare me from getting banned due to inactivity.

If there are different policies for different sites, I am specifically talkin abt:

Oink
    BitMeTv
    X264
    KG

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    maverick_andy's Avatar broken heart... BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Yeah, me too worrying about these things.
    I've learned that it takes years to build up trust,
    and it only takes suspicion, not proof, to destroy it.

I am proud to be a part of this communities.FSC|FST

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by man2069us
    So just wanted to know if I shud try and get a PU status (thru upload not donation) on my essential trackers it wud spare me from getting banned due to inactivity.

park your accounts

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    maverick_andy's Avatar broken heart... BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by akuma View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by man2069us
    So just wanted to know if I shud try and get a PU status (thru upload not donation) on my essential trackers it wud spare me from getting banned due to inactivity.
    park your accounts
    Parking account will give you more grace days. say unparked account will b deleted after 32 days then parked account will be in 60 dayz
    I've learned that it takes years to build up trust,
    and it only takes suspicion, not proof, to destroy it.

I am proud to be a part of this communities.FSC|FST

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    park your accounts
    That would be a wise thing to do but the actual thing is you never realise when you suddenly got so busy as to not logon and one day on a fine weekend you think you'll watch that tv episode you missed and damn ... your bitmetv's gone

What i am saying is i would park it if i knew when i wud stop bein active but i am sure i'll just forget ... also parking only doubles your immunity days .. doesnt make you completely immune

So once again ... can some1 tell me if i'll be totally immune to bannin due to inactivity on these sites?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Backslash's Avatar you're dead BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Quote Originally Posted by man2069us View Post
    park your accounts
    That would be a wise thing to do but the actual thing is you never realise when you suddenly got so busy as to not logon and one day on a fine weekend you think you'll watch that tv episode you missed and damn ... your bitmetv's gone

What i am saying is i would park it if i knew when i wud stop bein active but i am sure i'll just forget ... also parking only doubles your immunity days .. doesnt make you completely immune

So once again ... can some1 tell me if i'll be totally immune to bannin due to inactivity on these sites?
    if you're a member of these sites, why dont you read the rules? and if not, why do you care?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    @luisc
    A lot of the questions we pose on these forums can be solved if we spent time on the internet doing our own research ... but the truth is if you have a question that will take a lot of time and going to different sites and reading thru rules to answer you sometimes just post it here hoping your friends in the forum who already know the answer will post back .. also if the question may increase the topic knowledge of other ppl on the site and help them i think its fair

in the end if i was askin some question like how many gbs do u need in bitmetv for pu status it wud be spam because it is easy to get the answer on my own and its helping no one ... but the question here is generic pertainin to all sites ... also please stop over policing everything

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Backslash's Avatar you're dead BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Quote Originally Posted by man2069us View Post
    @luisc
    A lot of the questions we pose on these forums can be solved if we spent time on the internet doing our own research ... but the truth is if you have a question that will take a lot of time and going to different sites and reading thru rules to answer you sometimes just post it here hoping your friends in the forum who already know the answer will post back .. also if the question may increase the topic knowledge of other ppl on the site and help them i think its fair

in the end if i was askin some question like how many gbs do u need in bitmetv for pu status it wud be spam because it is easy to get the answer on my own and its helping no one ... but the question here is generic pertainin to all sites ... also please stop over policing everything
    also: LOOK IT UP. it's not hard. also i don't even understand how you can say "it's hard" to read through the rules. instead of looking it up yourself, also you're asking other people to look it up for you because you're too lazy to do it yourself. also looking at the FAQ's page of a torrent tracker is NOT RESEARCH.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    well .. i never said it was "hard" if you read my post again ... i just said it'll take a lot of time to go thru every tracker and someone here surely knows the answer already ... and i am not askin anyone to look it up for me ... ppl here generally know a lot of answers from experience ... like i do abt some things they ask at times and they do abt wat i ask ... and the question if you read the original post pertains to all trackers in general ... and there is no consolidated rule for that so ofcourse there has to be a subjective reply ... anyway i dont know why am i botherin with u anyway

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    for oink just go read the faq, i really can't believe you're asking about this

reading the faq should be required at 1 point or another, i know i've done it on sites i've been active for quite a while

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast