Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

Thread: Palestine Or Israel?

Poster
    The air was thick with wanktosterone!
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

2. The Drawing Room   -   #122
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@18 June 2003 - 11:24

I am neither anti-Israeli nor anti-Pallestinian.....PEOPLE

But im anti BOTH leaderships.

Your link shows that there is not enough being done to stifle the flow of cash to terrorist organisations.....I agree.

I dont think enough is being done to stifle the flow of cash to Terrorist nations either, via military aid.....doubtless you will disagree.

It&#39;s all well and good to be for the people.
    Let me state for the record that I too, am for the people.

Unfortunately for us both then, that that doesn&#39;t do much good, does it?
    Tony Blair can&#39;t very well sit down with Achmed the bricklayer and hammer out a peace treaty, can he?

As to your next point, do you consider Israel a "terrorist" nation?

You&#39;re probably correct in your assumption that I would be a failure as the leader of peace talks.

My current (and best) proposal would involve stripping the populations of both sides down to loincloths, arming them with identical knives, building a 50 ft. wall around the whole area and letting them have at it.
    Whoever walked out the gate at the end of the day could have that God-forsaken chunk of the Earth and welcome to it.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. The Drawing Room   -   #123
    Poster
    You could ladel it with a spoon&#33;
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

4. The Drawing Room   -   #124
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    As to your next point, do you consider Israel a "terrorist" nation?

Under the United Nations definition of Terrorism to which the United States as a founding member, has ratified......

Yes, it is a Terrorist State, with more UN resolutions against it than anywhere else in the region.

Does this mean i think all Israeli&#39;s are terrorists? ..........No.

Does this mean i think all Pallestinians are terrorists? ............No

Does this mean that i think the PLO and Hammas arent terrorists? .........No

I hope that this clears up my beliefs for you Clocker, I thought i&#39;d made them abundantly clear earlier in the thread.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

5. The Drawing Room   -   #125
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@18 June 2003 - 13:04

I hope that this clears up my beliefs for you Clocker, I thought i&#39;d made them abundantly clear earlier in the thread.
    Great.

Now, other that the US withdrawing support for Israel and joining in the chorus of wailing, what is your proposal for settling this matter?

I believe that I made mine abundantly clear in my last post.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #126
    Originally posted by clocker
    Now, other that the US withdrawing support for Israel and joining in the chorus of wailing, what is your proposal for settling this matter?
    How about if the USA threatened to remove it&#39;s support unless the Israelis use it for defence only? I find it hard to believe that the misuse of US weapons against civilians seems to be such a hotly disputed issue.

If it were Russian helicopters and missiles being used against Israeli residential areas I don&#39;t think it would be so hard to reach a consensus on the matter. I wouldnt be trying to condone it thats for sure.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #127
    I just stipulated to the US withdrawing all it&#39;s support.
    The US has joined you in decrying Israeli aggression against the poor, aggrieved Palestinian people.

Now what?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #128
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Aha, this of course is the big question.

Unfortunatly, like yourself, im not an Oracle.

If the USA would only condemn the Israeli&#39;s when they do something, as loudly as it does the Pallestinians (No More, No less) and exerted its influence (Israel knows that it NEEDS the USA much more than the USA needs the crap it gets for supporting it) I think that peace would be a lot closer than it is now.

I can remember numerous times that Israel has been condemned for an action by most of the world....with no comment coming from the USA.

If you cast your mind back to 9/11, how did the US public react towards the countries/peoples that didnt condemn the act? The peoples in the Middle East are just the same.

Acts of Terrorism should be condemned.....no matter who the perpetrators are, it inflames emotion when it is not condemned.

What happens then? Recruitement is up because of the Innocent Martyrs, money flows in from those that wont fight, but will finance....for the same reason.

I have said away from this thread that US Foreign Policy is the reason that the US is getting more and distrusted in the world. All it needs to be is FAIR in this area...not turn Pro-Pallestinian, to defuse a lot of distrust, especially from the Islamic World.

The above of course, is my "opinion", and im sure that you&#39;ll be quick to point this out.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

9. The Drawing Room   -   #129
    Originally posted by clocker
    I just stipulated to the US withdrawing all it&#39;s support.
    Thats not what I&#39;m talking about. If the USA did threaten to remove their assistance unless the Israelis stopped killing civilians indiscriminately the Israelis would crap themselves and immediately stop. So.. it would never come to "the US withdrawing all it&#39;s support".

As Ratfaced has already pointed out, all we&#39;re arguing is for the US to act fairly and stop turning a blind eye to actions it would loudly condemn if it were anyone else. Is that such a terrible thing?

You seem to be determined to go from one extreme to the other, Israel either kills people indiscriminately or the USA removes all support. Those arent the only 2 options as I&#39;m sure your aware.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #130
    Many isrealis think that they are better than non israelis and think that they have a right from god to own the land. So they think they are superior.

Isn&#39;t this similar to the hitlers view that the germans were the master race chosen by god.

Or is it just me.

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast