Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Palestine Or Israel?

Geography lesson -- find the Middle East on this Russian map:

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I tried OTD, I really did.

I kept getting distracted by ah, McMurdo Station.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    ClubDiggler's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by OlderThanDirt@5 June 2003 - 02:44

Is that the Nile in the middle or the Strait of Gibraltar?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by ClubDiggler+4 June 2003 - 22:14--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ClubDiggler @ 4 June 2003 - 22:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--OlderThanDirt@5 June 2003 - 02:44

Is that the Nile in the middle or the Strait of Gibraltar? [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s obviously the Nile; the Straits run east/west
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Poster
    hehe
    I was looking for Antartica

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    DarkBlizzard's Avatar Poster
    What the hell.....ahh&#33;&#33; AN ASS

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Originally posted by ShockAndAwe^i^@4 June 2003 - 23:55
    These things like talking about the crusades is a weak and often used comparison.
    What about today?
    This is what I&#39;m talking about.
    Radical Christian fundamentalists numbers are very few indeed.
    What they do(blowing up abortion clinics and so on) is evil too&#33;&#33;
    To compare the very small numbered and under finaced Chistian ?Fundamentalists to the BILLIONS of (hate filled for the west and jews)Muslims is ridiculous&#33;
    How are they different right now?
    Never mind all this crap about Christians Vs The Rest, who wants to try to explain to me why Catholics and Protestants can&#39;t get on in Northern Ireland?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by ShockAndAwe^i^@4 June 2003 - 23:55
    Yes but there are big differences between the two.
    It&#39;s obligatory in nature to bring up the crusades.
    And ridiculous to compare the Bible with the Koran.
    The God of the Koran is completely different from the God of the Bible&#33;
    I think you should read them before you make the usual kind of statements about it.
    The Statement you make(rat face) about Christianity having more in common with Islam shows your total and complete ignorance on the subject.

Rat Face said
    "The Ironic thing is Christianity has more in common with Muslims than it does with Jews......Islam recognises a guy called Jesus Christ as a prophet, even if they dont think he was the messiah, and so include his teachings as part of their religion. The Jewish faith doesnt".

Rat Faced said
    "How is Islam any different"?
    All I have to say is look at both cultures.
    There couldn&#39;t be a bigger contrast&#33;
    From the way they treat their WOMEN,to their Value system,their belief system,their laws(which btw you would find shocking)and on and on and on.
    I really think you should read the Koran and see how different it is from the bible.
    It&#39;s as different as night and day.
    I think you&#39;ll be shocked&#33;
    Oh god I think I&#39;ll puke if people start cutting and pasting quotes from the two books.
    Please don&#39;t.

Just because Islam recognizes him don&#39;t mean squat.
    Islam says he&#39;s a prophet but Christians say he&#39;s God Almighty in human flesh&#33;
    Islam&#39;s messiah is Mohhammed, Christianity is Jesus, the Jews just believe the Messiah hasn&#39;t come just yet.
    Christianity excepts the entire old testament(Jewish book and God)while rejecting the koran outright.
    Really rat faced, I think you need to read at least one of the books first before you make outrageous statements like that.

These things like talking about the crusades is a weak and often used comparison.
    What about today?
    This is what I&#39;m talking about.
    Radical Christian fundamentalists numbers are very few indeed.
    What they do(blowing up abortion clinics and so on) is evil too&#33;&#33;
    To compare the very small numbered and under finaced Chistian ?Fundamentalists to the BILLIONS of (hate filled for the west and jews)Muslims is ridiculous&#33;
    How are they different right now?
    I think that the confusion arises due to the fact you are talking about &#39;Culture&#39; and im talking about &#39;Religion&#39;.

British Isles have been &#39;Christian&#39; for about 1100yrs (give or take a Century); however women have only had &#39;Rights&#39; for the last 100 years or so.

300 years ago you could go out and Rape some poor girl and your only &#39;responsibility&#39; came if she got Pregnant, or her father caught you...The Authorities werent interested unless she had a Rich father (who was more likely just to pay someone to kill you)

Our &#39;Culture&#39; has changed since then somewhat, not the Countries religion.

The Crusades are actually quite a good example, as the &#39;Culture&#39; pertaining in the Middle East is quite largely &#39;fundamental&#39;, just as the &#39;culture&#39; of the Christian countries during these times were.....the main difference being that during the Crusades (obviously) there werent any AK47s and Jumbo Jets.

If during the Crusades, the European countries had been facing a vastly superior force, they had no chance of winning, they wouldnt have went to war so openly....but the more radical people would have gone into the Middle East anyway to kill, just not with the open support of the Monarchs.

As to knowing &#39;nothing about it&#39;, then tell me YOUR interpretation of the Bible, as every Church interprets it differently (otherwise there would only be Catholic and Orthodox). I had to study Religious Education for 7 years, my Ex is a Latter Day Saint and I have very religious Friends in all 3 Religions.

I can honestly say that Im glad I place no faith in any of those 3 religions (4 if you dont class Latter Day Saint as Christian).

This is the problem with BOTH Books.......you can &#39;Prove&#39; anything in either, especially with all the mistakes in straightforward interpretation between Latin and English in the King James Bible.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by TheDave@15 June 2003 - 19:52
    warning, not for the faint hearted

cant says its unbiased but look here
    Bias aside, a typical website; doesn&#39;t add anything to the debate taking place here.

Take the pictures and add new captions; voila&#33; Pro-Israel/Anti-Palestinian.

Add your words, TheDave.

Participate in the debate, don&#39;t try to buy in with propaganda.

We want what&#39;s in your head and heart, not what you found wandering through the rhetoric.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Rhetoric? Seems like clear evidence of Israeli genocide to me. Unless you consider killing children &#39;fighting terrorism&#39;.

I wonder how you would react if someone defined pictures of the holocaust as &#39;rhetoric&#39;...

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast