Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Palestine Or Israel?

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by evilbagpuss@15 June 2003 - 20:41
    Rhetoric?  Seems like clear evidence of Israeli genocide to me. Unless you consider killing children 'fighting terrorism'.

I wonder how you would react if someone defined pictures of the holocaust as 'rhetoric'...
    It seems you miss my point; the pictures, as stand-alone items, could be anyone.

The words are rhetoric; no getting around that-the same would be true if it were a pro-Israeli site.

Unless you are implying no Israeli children have been killed?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    the pictures, as stand-alone items, could be anyone
    I think the Israeli soldiers uniforms give the game away. Thats assuming you got past the 1st page of course

Unless you are implying no Israeli children have been killed?
    Of course not, you wouldnt be trying to put words in my mouth would you? Or are you implying that two wrongs make a right?

The difference between the two is that Israel is carrying out state sanctioned atrocities with a modern army backed by American tax dollars and military expertise. e.g Dropping a missile on a residential area to kill one terrorist leader is not acceptable when you demolish 4 apartment blocks and kill roughly 150 innocent people, including women and children, in the process. This happened less than 6 months ago.

I have also seen video footage on the BBC (I trust that is impartial enough?) of a Palestinian man carrying a baby being shot in the head. How can you define that as fighting terrorism? How can you not expect retaliation? Israel is MEANT to be a civilized country, not Hamas with more technology.

My point is this. Fighting a war against terrorism does not justify genocide and if you think the current Israeli actions are designed to implement peace you are mistaken. I wouldnt have supported the British bombing of Republican town centres as an acceptable anti-terrorist strategy, and we certainly wouldnt have made so much progress with the peace plan if they had.

Perhaps neither side wants peace, but lets not pretend this is an American action film where the goodies wear uniforms and act impeccably whilst the baddies wear turbans and are pure evil.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by evilbagpuss@15 June 2003 - 20:39

Perhaps neither side wants peace, but lets not pretend this is an American action film where the goodies wear uniforms and act impeccably whilst the baddies wear turbans and are pure evil.
    Fine.
    When we stop pretending let's include the idea that the poor, downtrodden underdog is noble and just and the uniformed, armed man is the oppressive bad guy.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44
    You have mistaken me for someone a bit more gung-ho.

If I failed to properly peruse every picture on the site, I beg you forgive my inadequacy; I thought empathizing with both sides was sufficient fare to avoid the pejorative "Movie Fan".

In any case, the Beeb does not qualify as impartial.

The website in question is not insightful, it is, rather, inciteful.

I stand by my post(s), evil-may I call you evil?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #45

Fine.
    When we stop pretending let's include the idea that the poor, downtrodden underdog is noble and just and the uniformed, armed man is the oppressive bad guy.
    lol, have you ever heard of the 'straw men' strategy ? It involves distorting the real argument and then attacking the weakened argument. Its usually a last resort for the desperate in a debate.

I never said anything that you attributed to me nor did I imply it. Ill try and make this as clear as possible so we can avoid further misunderstandings.

Fight terrorism. Dont kill innocent women and children.

It's a simple concept.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #46
    Here's some filler which is actually re-constituted post-edit with water added.

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #47
    You have mistaken me for someone a bit more gung-ho.
    Your right I think I may have, please accept my apologies . However I think gung-ho is a euphemism for genocidal in this context.

the Beeb does not qualify as impartial.
    I disagree. I see the devastation of suicide bombers as well as Israeli atrocities. I'm not saying the Beeb is perfect but compared to CNN and others it's miles ahead. What would you recommend as a superior alternative?

The website in question is not insightful, it is, rather, inciteful.
    Perhaps, but more importantly it shows the day to day experiences of the Palestinians. Not at the hands of terrorists but at the hands of an allegedley civilized countries armed forces.

evil-may I call you evil?
    To quote one of my favourite characters from Snatch.. "you can call me Susan if it makes you happy". Well errr.. maybe not actually. Evil, EBP, Bagpuss whatever floats your boat

8. The Drawing Room   -   #48
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by evilbagpuss@15 June 2003 - 20:54

Fine.
    lol, have you ever heard of the 'straw men' strategy ? It involves distorting the real argument and then attacking the weakened argument. Its usually a last resort for the desperate in a debate.

I never said anything that you attributed to me nor did I imply it. Ill try and make this as clear as possible so we can avoid further misunderstandings.

Fight terrorism. Dont kill innocent women and children.

It's a simple concept.
    I stand by my post.
    It's irrelevant, however.

How do you propose to fight terrorism in such an honorable and bloodless way?
    Queensbury rules don't seem to be in effect.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. The Drawing Room   -   #49
    Poster
    Evilbagpuss
    I don't think you used enough adjectives to describe me in your rambling uninformed bombast.
    You say you read the entire thread, but you couldn't have.
    Oh...I know you speed read it without checking any of the facts which I presented, which are facts and not my own racist views.
    I don't think you bothered to check all the facts I presented as they might get in the way of your thinking.
    I know, I know, damn the facts full speed ahead!
    Funny, but you don't seem to mention them even once in your condescending and uninformed rant.
    Really it makes you look very stupid commenting on what you think you've read.
    And please don't misquote me.

[QUOTE]@Evilbagpuss
    As I read through your vicious, fascist, paranoid, racist, genocidal posts I was angry. After a few more I was just plain depressed. When I reached the end of this thread I felt alot of pity for you. You life seems to be filled with nothing but hatred.

I assume your talking about killing every last known member of Hammas(terrorists) and driving the Palestinian's from the land when you say I want Genocide.
    Where did you learn to read?
    That's not calling for genocide!
    I don't know where you read all that other stuff , but it certainly wasn't in something I posted.
    This is what the left in this country loves to do!
    Distract, Defray, Confuse, Equate to Hitler and of course misquote.
    You must be there.
    How you could have read this and come away with what you think is just beyond me.
    I suggest you read it again.

You quote Mien Kampf quite a bit, you must have it handy!
    Is it your dream too?

Learn to spell or use a spell checker evilbagpuss.
    I think you chose the correct name for yourself too.
    As to everything else you've said, I've already responded to in my previous posts which you can't seem to read correctly or you just don't have the time to investigate.
    Those are really deep statements you make:
    "Fight terrorism don't kill women and children"
    Who wouldn't agree with that except Hammas, Islamic Jihad,Hizbollah and on and on.
    You seem to want to attack me instead of the facts I presented.
    So show me where my facts are incorrect or shut up!

10. The Drawing Room   -   #50
    How do you propose to fight terrorism in such an honorable and bloodless way?
    lol, your playing the straw men game again

I didnt mention anything about "honorable and bloodless" I said you shouldnt kill 100's of innocent people. Other countries can manage it. I'm sure Israel can.

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast