Thread: Www.vcdquality.com !

Poster
    hey guys, can u gimmi some info on dis site please. like, what is it used for, is that site like, if theres a movie there, that means its on kazaa? ? .. if so, how do u find the one thats on that site on kazaa ? cause theres no hash links n stuff

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Forum Star
    If there is a movie on there that means it is somewhere on teh internet.

Usually it takes a while before the new stuff is on Kazaa.

It is always first on usenet, irc, bittorrent, eMule.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    ooooooooh ok, wikid man thanks hey, im gonna download them rite now. =D tanks

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster
    how do i download from irc ? isnt irc a chat thingy mi boby ?

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Originally posted by Paul@17 May 2003 - 13:07

Could you expand on that a bit Paul? Why with all it's millions of users is KaZaA much further down the list on getting the new stuff. I sometimes wish we had it first as I don't really like/fully understand those other methods.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Originally posted by Crackedup@22 May 2003 - 16:31
    Could you expand on that a bit Paul? Why with all it's millions of users is KaZaA much further down the list on getting the new stuff. I sometimes wish we had it first as I don't really like/fully understand those other methods.
    Simply put, MANY and MOST users using those programs have given up on Kazaa due to lack of features and other reasons.

It's also pretty hard to spread on Kazaa since half of the users are leechers, and the fakes get easily spread. Kazaa is great for older files that have already been spread, but if you want the new stuff, the best thing to do is use a different program.

IRC is a chat thingy-a-bob but is also used for other stuff such as filesharing. IRC takes time to learn and set-up. Search on google (or even this board) on how to set up IRC. I recommend using Bittorrent since releases come out at about the same time IRC releases it and is much more newcomer friendly.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by Crackedup+22 May 2003 - 20:31--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Crackedup @ 22 May 2003 - 20:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Paul@17 May 2003 - 13:07

Could you expand on that a bit Paul? Why with all it&#39;s millions of users is KaZaA much further down the list on getting the new stuff. I sometimes wish we had it first as I don&#39;t really like/fully understand those other methods. [/b][/quote]
    VCDquality and also Isonews are two websites that publish .NFO files for new releases. When a release group, like Centropy, puts a movie (or game or whatever) onto the internet, it is posted somewhere and there is an .NFO file with it. You can open this file in Notepad, and it usually has a description of the contents. For example, it will tell the file format, how many RAR files for the release, the size, some info about the movie, etc.

Click here to see the .NFO file for Centropy&#39;s release of Matrix Reloaded.

These websites keep track of the releases, so that each group gets credit for what they release. However, it can take a long time for those movies/games/etc to filter onto the Kazaa network. Kazaa has always been the bottom of the food chain in regards to filesharing. Sure it has a huge user base, but it has some inherent flaws too. You can&#39;t do a global search of the network, so there could be tons of users, but if they are on different supernodes, then you&#39;ll never get the file you are after. Also, most people want to type Matrix into a search engine, and then click download to get the file. This kind of simplicity is found on Kazaa and other peer2peer networks. However if you want the latest files, you&#39;re going to have to invest some time learning new programs. Or be really fucking patient.

New releases are usually released to IRC, newsgroups, FXP forums, etc. From there, files are moved onto Bittorrent, Emule, and Kazaa. However, Klite is usually flooded with fakes long before the real files are available. This leaves you with two choices. Either use the verified and wait, or learn to use better programs.
    Proud member of MDS

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Thanks for taking the time to explain Jibbler and Shinigami (RIP). If that&#39;s the way it is, I guess I&#39;ll have to try to get to grips with one of the others such as Bittorrent. Cheers&#33;

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Poster
    http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act...ST&f=13&t=36646

See posts for client, I like the one in my first post. There are also links to good sites.

Bon Chance.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Poster
    If you can&#39;t be arsed learning how to use irc then just use irc-ork or PacketSeek.