Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: My Front Door...

DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    England just has freeezing fog.

My weather

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Poster
    Clocker, I just finished shoveling around six inches of snow off my sidewalks and front porch. I have not had to shovel snow for a few years.

While it was invigorating.......it was also hard work.

I think that if I had as much snow to deal with as you did, I may have had to wait until someone needed me at work and came and shoveled me out.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234 View Post
    Half a day at most!
    ...We're used to it.
    Well, we're not.
    A storm like this hits about once every 4-5 years.
    The rest of the time we save our snowfall for when the Broncos are on Monday Night Football- the ski areas get orgasmic when it looks like a winter paradise on national TV.

The big problem now is trying to move stranded cars out of the snow plow's way...this was a very fast snow dump and no vehicle was really very useful by Wed. afternoon so lots of cars got stuck during afternoon rush hour.

It was modestly amusing to see all the Navigators, Escallades and other pretend SUVs in ditches and medians...I even saw a HumVee on it's side.

I finally got the Mazda dug out and safely home just an hour or so ago.
    Now I don't have to worry about some out of control redneck in his rusted out Bronco sideswiping it while he tries (and probably succeeds) to impress his toothless girlfriend.

Meh.

Phoenix looks mighty good about now.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Lounge   -   #44
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234 View Post
    Half a day at most!
    ...We're used to it.
    Well, we're not.
    It was modestly amusing to see all the Navigators, Escallades and other pretend SUVs in ditches and medians...I even saw a HumVee on it's side.

I finally got the Mazda dug out and safely home just an hour or so ago.
    Now I don't have to worry about some out of control redneck in his rusted out Bronco sideswiping it while he tries (and probably succeeds) to impress his toothless girlfriend.

Meh.

Phoenix looks mighty good about now.
    lol

That's my biggest fear in bad weather - having the car parked in the street and some person just skidding right into it. Best place is your garage or driveway, but that's not always an option.

5. Lounge   -   #45
    MotoR6
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Oh yes, the path is quite useful.
    Say for instance, I wanted to walk ten feet from my front door and then freeze to death in a virgin snowfield- that path would be the way to go.

Funny shit... haha

Thanks for NOT posting pics of "your backdoor" .. ha ha nooo, ok I'll go back to the corner now
    Last edited by MotoR6; 12-23-2006 at 12:30 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345