Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Dark_AleX releases custom firmware for PSP - 3.02 OE

  1. #1
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,435
    Woot! The PSP scene gets better and better! Dark_AleX released his custom firmware, 3.02 Open Edition, version A.

    Official release thread at MaxConsole forum:
    http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=40031

    Here is the ReadMe:
    Spoiler: Show


    And a guide on how to install it:
    http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-firmware-...ion-84905.html

    What is this custom firmware?
    - It's the Sony 3.02 firmware for PSP, with the ability to run homebrew.
    - DRM protection for the PS1 games has been cracked. So you can download PS1 games from people who have them, and play, no need to pay, no PS3 required.
    - No need for Devhook, all the ISO's are listed as their own individual games in the Game > Memory Stick menu, and can be loaded straight from the XMB, nothing extra needed.

    You basically get all the goodies, the new visualizations, the web browser, the PSP camera, the PS1 emulation, everything 3.02 has to offer, only with ISO's and homebrew.

    And last but not least, a link to the same installer I used:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/32lnoo

    Installed it fine, so far no problems, and everything works great. I can play Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, GTA: VCS, Parappa The Rapper, and all my other ISO's without Devhook or any loader.

  2. Games   -   #2
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,435
    Wow... not too many PSP owners here at FST I suppose... =/

    Downloading games on PSP could not be any easier... no more emulating higher firmware or anything...

    I now have a PSP running 3.02 OE with a 4GB memory stick. I have 6 PSP games on my memory stick, and 1 PSone game.

  3. Games   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker View Post
    Wow... not too many PSP owners here at FST I suppose... =/

    Downloading games on PSP could not be any easier... no more emulating higher firmware or anything...

    I now have a PSP running 3.02 OE with a 4GB memory stick. I have 6 PSP games on my memory stick, and 1 PSone game.
    Well Rip The Jacker must be nice to have an older psp. Most of the newer ones are the TA-082 version and this firmware will not work on them. But as an owner of a TA-082 fw 2.71 there is hope. I have been following this thread for some time http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/399310
    My backups play and GBA emulation works very well. I have not gone beyond 2.71 using devhook yet but its nice to know I can.The psp scene seems to be very active and well supported ...The only WARNING I can give is any new psp user be sure to do alot of reading before you flash the psp 2.71 seems to be the limit right now on TA-082 psp's

  4. Games   -   #4
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    -=U.S.A=-
    Posts
    2,450
    shit rip. I knew this was out but didnt read much...where the heck can you download the psone games from...what format are they in and whats the average size?

  5. Games   -   #5
    mike45450's Avatar =_=_=
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    England
    Age
    28
    Posts
    511
    I was a little reluctant to upgrade because of the flashing business, and that you had to wait for people to upload games from the ps3 store thing, but when I heard OE-B could run you own games, i upgraded straight away. It's great, it's even easier than devhook to use, and for some reason I think the PSX emu is just great. Put Castlevania:SotN and FF:Tactics on


  6. Games   -   #6
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Detroit
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,461
    3.02 OE-B is out.

    I was thinking about upgrading as I now have the latest devhook, but I have a question: Is it possible to downgrade back to 1.5 or upgrade to a new devhook or hacked firmware if I install this?

  7. Games   -   #7
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,435
    Whooooo! I just updated to OE-B, and holy crap it gets better and better. You can convert your own PSX ISO's to Eboots, and the compatability seems nice. I took some of my own games, Pandamonium, Crash Bandicoot 3, and Crash Bash, converted all 3, and they run perfectly.

    Boy did Sony get screwed, I'm playing PSX games on PSP that weren't intended to be played on PSP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Global Jihad View Post
    shit rip. I knew this was out but didnt read much...where the heck can you download the psone games from...what format are they in and whats the average size?
    PSX games you can get from wherever now, you can convert your own.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike45450 View Post
    I was a little reluctant to upgrade because of the flashing business, and that you had to wait for people to upload games from the ps3 store thing, but when I heard OE-B could run you own games, i upgraded straight away. It's great, it's even easier than devhook to use, and for some reason I think the PSX emu is just great. Put Castlevania:SotN and FF:Tactics on
    Nice, I should grab FF: Tactics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gam3Guy View Post
    3.02 OE-B is out.

    I was thinking about upgrading as I now have the latest devhook, but I have a question: Is it possible to downgrade back to 1.5 or upgrade to a new devhook or hacked firmware if I install this?
    I think so yeah. I'm sure if you don't like it (for some strange reason), you can use the recovery console to run the 1.5 update. I think so anyway. =/

  8. Games   -   #8
    HairlessApe's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    LA, California
    Age
    31
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker View Post
    I was thinking about upgrading as I now have the latest devhook, but I have a question: Is it possible to downgrade back to 1.5 or upgrade to a new devhook or hacked firmware if I install this?
    I think so yeah. I'm sure if you don't like it (for some strange reason), you can use the recovery console to run the 1.5 update. I think so anyway.
    correct, just hold the r trigger when your booting your psp and hit x on downgrade. Reident evil 3 and metal gear are working beautifuly on it
    God I hope Sony is milked dry by awesome hackers like DAX
    Last edited by HairlessApe; 12-28-2006 at 11:01 AM.

  9. Games   -   #9
    Freakin' awesome.

    Gave my PSP a whole lot of new life.

  10. Games   -   #10
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    burlington, Ontario
    Posts
    5,341
    I can play Twisted Metal 4 and NBa shootout 2001 now?

    I might have to try this out. . .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •