Thread: BBC TV shows now legal on Azureus Zudeo!

moocrah's Avatar MPAA Hostage BT Rep: +5

Smile

This is no ordinary move from the best TV company in the world, so I thought you'd like to know, as it's free for the time being:
    The new deal means that users of the software will be able to download high-quality versions of BBC programmes, including Red Dwarf, Doctor Who and the League of Gentleman. Classic series such as Fawlty Towers will also be available through a BBC channel. The titles will be protected by digital rights management software to prevent the programmes being traded illegally on the internet.
    Get the full scoop here (safe to click, the link is anonymized): http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6194929.stm
    Last edited by moocrah; 12-22-2006 at 09:20 AM.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    This Zudeo program seems to be quite good for grabbing HD trailers but this BBC thing isn't getting me too excited. I pay my licence fee, I have no problem morally downloading their content illegally.

Also, wheredoes it suggest these downloads are going to be free for the time being? All I got from that article regarding costing was:

No pricing structure for the BBC content on Zudeo has been revealed.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420 View Post
    This Zudeo program seems to be quite good for grabbing HD trailers but this BBC thing isn't getting me too excited. I pay my licence fee, I have no problem morally downloading their content illegally.

Also, wheredoes it suggest these downloads are going to be free for the time being? All I got from that article regarding costing was:

No pricing structure for the BBC content on Zudeo has been revealed.
    agreed. i've already paid for it.

commercial channels should also do this because, the sooner they embed adverts in the videos distributed on the interweb, the sooner they stop losing potential revenue. which they probably aren't because everybody watches the telly show anyway

and one more thing, bit-torrent uses my bandwidth that i pay for

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420 View Post

commercial channels should also do this because, the sooner they embed adverts in the videos distributed on the interweb, the sooner they stop losing potential revenue. which they probably aren't because everybody watches the telly show anyway
    ITV isn't doing that well over here due to lost ad revenue. They really need to embrace the internets in the way BBC has.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    have you seen what five are doing?

http://download.five.tv/

nearly hawt but i doubt they get £2.50 out of us each time we watch on the telly

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Its about time more tv companies started embracing p2p for the boon to their business that it is instead of trying to sue it out of existence. I just wish there were more forward thinkers like the BBC in the world of tv.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    TYPE R's Avatar ( ^ ^ ) BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    sound good