Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturday For me (for all my fans who will have been waiting to know ;| )

Unsure

Context: I'd had a sleep deprived week.. had my monkey round for some of it so was up early and up late and busy, busy, busy, and also been losing my sleep pattern interwebbing a lot. So, all in a good way.. but ended up with a deficit of sleep. The week had been a bit dreamy due to lots of fun and stuff and also missing sleep..

Saturday, I fell asleep at about 1pm through to about 7pm. Then 8pm through to about 11pm. Then 11pm through to about 5am on Sunday (xmas eve).

So.. Saturday was swamped with sleep and was following a good week with lots of emotional goodness and general happy.

During all this period of sleep.. I seemed to have really intense, vivid, and emotionally charged dreams.

The settin for these dreams was I was on my old college campus.

I had to attend a few lectures, which I did. I had to find my way around the campus which had changed loads due to rebuilding and new paths and structures on there and relocation of certain parts such as offices I needed and also the hangouts.

There was a long theme of having to find certain lecturers to get info and find out what to do for chunks of coursework I'd fallen behind on. I went about finding my way around campus to do this during gaps inbetween lectures. I had to find people during this and go through social interactions and contexts to how I knew them and also explain why I had missed doing so much of the coursework and find out how to catch up.

The dream was epic lasting thoughout all the sleep I had which took up virtually all of Saturday. It was very vivid.. It was also slightly lucid - as most very vivid dreams seem to be, only in this case just enough to acknowledge that it was but I didn't really direct anything.

I am sure that if I were to analyse it all and think about the different interactions and relationships and contexts etc.., that I'd find reflections on my real life. I'm sure there are parts I'd later find interesting that my mind decided to engineer and interesting in how I took part in the world I'd made to some extent.

However... my main feeling about it all now is "wtf "

Like, I spent the whole day on big long tasks and duties having to do work and explain why I hadn't done my coursework etc.. Not really outstanding experiences and the kind of stuff you are glad is over when you've finished doing college things etc.. So.. to my mind on deciding to fill this day of the xmas period with trivial work and tasks I didn't have to...

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Interesting stuff, I read it twice.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    dreams. fuck the world

5. Lounge   -   #5
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    I have added 1 reputations as sam4's post was interesting. As such I commented that it was interesting.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    What is this reputation nonsense about?
    And why don't I have one?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    You do have 1

8. Lounge   -   #8
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Two in fact

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    I have added 1 reputations as sam4's post was interesting. As such I commented that it was interesting.
    First I didn't know what you were talking about, then I did, and I was like "aha".

+1 rep to you for making me aware of it.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    What exactly does it do though?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast