Thread: All That Remains > Killswitch Engage

mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    when kse's first album came out my buddy told me to check it out. didn't like it. 2nd and so forth came out and didn't like them. i've recently tried to get back into them and they just suck. their music is great, but the singer is just terrible. maybe later i'll try again, but i don't think it's gonna happen.

recently all that remains toured with kse and cuz of that i've started to listen to them. i've never really heard of them. that's wrong? probably. anyway, i've gotten all of their albums and i'm really digging them. i've titled the thread like it is cuz i think they sound an awful lot alike, but all that remains is just the better group. the music stands out the same with all that remains being harder at times, but the singer is just WAY better! vocals helps ppl. really does. could i be any more wrong or do i have a valid point? either way though, i'm right. merry xmas!
    Last edited by mr. nails; 12-25-2006 at 03:25 AM. Reason: fixed
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

2. Music   -   #2
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    All that remains is pretty good, but I do think Howard Jones from KSE is a by far better vocalist. He's just got that somethin to em.

3. Music   -   #3
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Hmm, you know I've heard a lot about All That Remains yet I haven't checked them out yet >_<

Which album should I give a go first nails?

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

4. Music   -   #4
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Meng check out the album called "The Fall of ideals".

5. Music   -   #5
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    all 3 of their albums are equally good. the newest, "the fall of ideals" isn't a bad place to start. i love track 6! all 3 albums are keepers though! especially 4 airmen...
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

6. Music   -   #6
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    all that remains are pretty good. 'the deepest gray' was the first song of theirs i heard a year or so ago and i still love that track.

they are pretty similar to KsE in the singing chorus aspect of it, but they have a little bit more metal flair to them. KsE sticks to a pretty predictable formula and are more mellow imho than all that remains.

i respect all that remains a tish more from a musical perspective, but i enjoy a larger number of KsE songs since they write such catchy tunes.

good all that remains songs:
    ====this darkened heart album====
    the deepest gray
    tattered on my sleeve
    ====the fall of ideals album====
    this calling
    it dwells in me

7. Music   -   #7
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by lee551 View Post
    all that remains are pretty good. 'the deepest gray' was the first song of theirs i heard a year or so ago and i still love that track.

they are pretty similar to KsE in the singing chorus aspect of it, but they have a little bit more metal flair to them. KsE sticks to a pretty predictable formula and are more mellow imho than all that remains.

i respect all that remains a tish more from a musical perspective, but i enjoy a larger number of KsE songs since they write such catchy tunes.

good all that remains songs:
    ====this darkened heart album====
    the deepest gray
    tattered on my sleeve
    ====the fall of ideals album====
    this calling
    it dwells in me
    downloading as we speak, i took nails' advice, dling the discography.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

8. Music   -   #8
    Gotta love killswitch