Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Books You Remember From School

For English I chose amongst others Macbeth (easier than Hamlet)
    for German: Thomas Mann er Zauberberg (lot of pages but easy story)+play by Brecht which even teachers don't understand.
    For Dutch Willem Oltmans : De donkere kamer van Damocles(again lots of pages)
    ,some crap of Harry Mulish(then considered to be a modern and fashionable writer).

Because they all were compulsive reading I hated them all. B)
    It's only after finishing highschool that I took up reading for my own pleasure.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Poster
    The Secret Diaries Of Adrian Mole,To Kill A Mockingbird and Cider With Rosie are three books that spring to mind for me.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Macbeth: I'd never read Shakespeare before and really enjoyed this. I was also Macbeth in the school play!! Quite embarrassing...

The Machinegunners: About a group of kids who find the remains of a German Bomber and steal a machine gun. Enjoyable!!

Brave New World: Had to read it for my exams but couldn't get into it (I was young), so I read Clockwork Orange instead.

To Kill A Mockingbird: Superb

Lord of the Flies: Another book I really enjoyed but had never read until school.

All I can think of at the moment, seems to be similar to a lot of previously lists. Which is worrying - all of us educated with the same books.
    Signature removed

4. Lounge   -   #24
    All I can think of at the moment, seems to be similar to a lot of previously lists. Which is worrying - all of us educated with the same books. 
    That's because everybody was using the same excerpts.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    2 words for books i had to read for school Cliff notes

i dont read a book becouse i have too only for pleashure or text books to learn from like math and physics and cnn and such

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Of all the book I have read for school assignments, two stand out among the rest.

In high school I read Trinity by Leon Uris. In college I read Not Wanted on the Voyage by Timothy Findley.

I recommend both novels, as they are among my all time favorites.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Poster
    I forgot about all the shakespear stuff. Maybe cause I never found it interesting for some reason

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    I did (meaning this school year, I have the exams on them tomoro):
    Of Mice and Men
    Macbeth
    Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
    And
    An Inspector Calls

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

9. Lounge   -   #29
    The only book I had to read for school that I actually liked was The Grapes of Wrath. The rest of the time I had to read crap like A S eperate Peace

10. Lounge   -   #30
    naw my list was for ones that i am reading this year

umm

The Catcher in the Rye...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast