Thread: Google Now the #2 Most Visited Website in the World

Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Google is once again on the move

2006 appears to be a banner year for Google. It purchased the highly popular YouTube online video site in early October and saw its stock price dance with the $500 mark in November. Now according to ComScore Networks Inc., Google Inc. has slightly edged in front of Yahoo! Inc. to become the second most visited website for the month of November.

ComScore's figures show that Google's site traffic rose by 9.1% to 475.7 million visitors while Yahoo's traffic rose just 5.2% bringing its tally to 475.3 million visitors. Microsoft still held on to a 26 million visitor advantage at 501.7 million.

News Corp.'s Fox Interactive Media sites also saw a significant increase in traffic thanks to the booming popularity of MySpace.com. Traffic for the company rose to a healthy 130.4 million visitors.

YouTube, Google’s recent acquisition, saw its visitors rise 24-fold to 107.9 million.

Source: http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=5464
    Last edited by Hairbautt; 12-28-2006 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Fixed image...

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    MSN only had the advantage because of that ridiculous redirect. I remember a while back when a lot of people were complaining that when they would use the google side bar, it would redirect them to the MSN search engine. Not to mention all the "phone home" spyware.

Pretty shady tactic if you ask me.
    Last edited by Damnatory; 12-28-2006 at 12:18 AM.

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Damnatory View Post
    MSN only had the advantage because of that ridiculous redirect. I remember a while back when a lot of people were complaining that when they would use the google side bar, it would redirect them to the MSN search engine. Not to mention all the "phone home" spyware.

Pretty shady tactic if you ask me.
    it's also the default in xp.