Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows Me

ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Just curious if there is a way to find the cd-key or whatever info microsoft uses to recognize my version of windows ME as unique? This because I lost my windows disc and are about to format my hard drive.

My guess is that I should be able to download a cd image of windows ME and just apply the above information and Microsoft won´t know the difference (Meaning that the downloaded version will become a valid one). As I understand it I´ve allready paid for this OS when I first bought my computer anyway. Is this possible, or am I thinking wrong?

B)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    it dont matter really, what is ur sys specs, u might be better puttin xpon instead of me, its alot more stable.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Windows Me is crap - take it from me I know. Either way in any case if that is what you are stuck with, Micro&#036;oft doesn&#39;t give a rat&#39;s ass about WinMe. It has no authentication and stores nothing about your computer if you go to Windows Updates sites. Any key that you have when loaded will work. I had 2 computers side-by-side running that OS with the same CD-Key for 2 years - no problem. I hit the Windows Update sites weekly also with both computers.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    Originally posted by cyberdman@29 May 2003 - 02:17
    Windows Me is crap - take it from me I know
    take it from me, windows me aint crap. and this guy may like it.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Duties are not performed for duty&#39;s sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
    Mark Twain

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Here we go again...
    You people that love XP are fucking brainwashed.
    XP in general is a fat resource hog of an OS filled secretly with Bill gates spyware.
    XP home edition is crap&#33;
    It crashed on me more than any other OS I&#39;ve ever ran.
    And those crashes were way worse than any other OS I&#39;ve ever seen.
    I&#39;d get a 1gig .dmp file on average with every crash.
    Do you know the problems that causes?
    Thats crap man.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    admittedly me is crap (i know i had it&#33 and people dont like xp cos it has the "newbie" image but really underneath its quite a lot the same as 2k which in my oppinion is the best operating system microsoft have made to date.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    also xp can be confirgerd so it look likes oringinal windows
    also i recently upgraded from ME to xp pro and it is way better than ME though it takes a lot of memory

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    I have a amd athlon 1 ghz, 640 MB sdram, geforce 2 mx.

I did find a number with the OEM, so I guess I should be able to register with that key?

I actually have found win ME to be a bit unstable from time to time. I´m actually downloading win xp corporate edition as we speak, but I thought it´d be handy to have a win ME disc in case I came across any problems with the xp installation, or if xp takes too much resources to justify running.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Barky@29 May 2003 - 12:01
    I have a amd athlon 1 ghz, 640 MB sdram, geforce 2 mx.

I did find a number with the OEM, so I guess I should be able to register with that key?

I actually have found win ME to be a bit unstable from time to time. I´m actually downloading win xp corporate edition as we speak, but I thought it´d be handy to have a win ME disc in case I came across any problems with the xp installation, or if xp takes too much resources to justify running.
    Just make sure when you install XP to keep your FAT32 format&#33;
    So when you install it asks something about that in the beginning of the installation..

Click Keep existing configuration

XP uses NTFS or something like that right?
    Keep it at FAT32 or there is almost no changing back&#33;
    Just a tip...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast