Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: storage of HD format movies

blueQ's Avatar Curia Regis
    If i'm interested in some documentaries and movies in HD format but the budget goes sky high. A 320GB hdd holds barelly 20 HD 1080ip movies, and the blu-ray burners are out of the question.
    I wanna build my self a DiY projector 1280x1024 (720p HD) and would be nice HD format movies instead of normal dvd's.
    Do you have HD stuff on your hdd's?
    Last edited by blueQ; 12-28-2006 at 11:25 AM.
    Q_rious blue ///////

2. Lounge   -   #2
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    You might have more luck here https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-hardware-24/

These dudes here haven't two pennies to rub together...

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Q_rious blue ///////

4. Lounge   -   #4
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Hard drives are hardly expensive these days. Just buy a load, get an IDE to USB connector and store the drives in your desk drawer. I have a couple of 160gb drives in my desk drawer that are keeping files I don't need on my PC all the time but can't bear to delete (old Thundercat episodes for instance).

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420 View Post
    Hard drives are hardly expensive these days. Just buy a load, get an IDE to USB connector and store the drives in your desk drawer. I have a couple of 160gb drives in my desk drawer that are keeping files I don't need on my PC all the time but can't bear to delete (old Thundercat episodes for instance).
    true true ... i like to have around 150 movies and 100 documentaries. that's ... aaa 10 TB = 20 500GB hdd's = 220$ x 20 = 4400$ in let's say half a year... still much
    Q_rious blue ///////

6. Lounge   -   #6
    stop being a snob and use betamax.
    there's two things in this life i hate; 1. Cultural discrimination and 2. Gypsies

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by blueQ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420 View Post
    true true ... i like to have around 150 movies and 100 documentaries. that's ... aaa 10 TB = 20 500GB hdd's = 220$ x 20 = 4400$ in let's say half a year... still much
    Doesn't really seem worth it given the marginal boost in picture quality you'll get. Perhaps be more selective in what you keep and wait until Blu-Ray (or the other one) becomes an affordable option.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    Burn them onto double layer DVD.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Floppy disks must be cheap these days, split the file and you'll be laughing.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    i don't know if it's much use saying this, but look for HDi stuff. it's HD but compressed quite a bit

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast