Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wii or 360?

maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    Need some advice, might get a 360 within the next few days, and I dont want to regret it. Advice?

oh and I dont have a HDTV, yet.

2. Games   -   #2
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Then get the Wii.

If you don't have HD, then a 360 is a waste of money. It only looks good (the games in) 720p+.

But one thing though that I noticed, the only 360 game that doesnt look like crap (as in it doesnt look like a game being played on say a normal xbox) is Gears of War, it looks pretty freakin good in 480.

But you'd be missing out on a lot since you dont' have an HDTV, I'd say go with Wii for now.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

3. Games   -   #3
    Id have to wait for the wii, because they're sold out everywhere. and the 360 I can price match and get for about 390+tax CAD. ANd the 360 comes with GRAW and ARcade. Im not desperate for a system, but I dont know if I can wait weeks or months for available Wiis.

Ive found Wiis on BST sites, and they're going for around $420, for just the system. THen I have to find the nunchucks, and buy another remote + nunchuk.
    Last edited by maebach; 12-28-2006 at 10:13 PM.

4. Games   -   #4
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by maebach View Post
    Id have to wait for the wii, because they're sold out everywhere. and the 360 I can price match and get for about 390+tax CAD. ANd the 360 comes with GRAW and ARcade. Im not desperate for a system, but I dont know if I can wait weeks or months for available Wiis.

Ive found Wiis on BST sites, and they're going for around $420, for just the system. THen I have to find the nunchucks, and buy another remote + nunchuk.
    Get a 360. It will/does have more good games for it.

Once you finish your Wii workout you'll find that you really have a Gamecube.

5. Games   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

Really? My main games Im going to paly are soccer, basketball and a few shooters. Im not sure how their gonna work out soccer and bball games for the Wii, and I dont want to spend money on buying 3 different types of controllers.

I was sooo dissappointed in the NGC, for not having many mature games, I just dont want the same dissappointment with the Wii. Ive played Zelda, and it was great, but I still cant take Nintendo seriously. Everyone I kow with the Wii is soooo happy with it though.

6. Games   -   #6
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    i played zelda for nine hours straight today. it pwnses and i reckon i'll play it a lot longer than my 360s best game (gears of war). once it's completed i'll be on my 360 more again though. it's a good few months before another decent game reaches wii.

soooo. get a wii as a second console. if your PC isn't up to date, don't even think, just buy a 360

7. Games   -   #7

Really? My main games Im going to paly are soccer, basketball and a few shooters. Im not sure how their gonna work out soccer and bball games for the Wii, and I dont want to spend money on buying 3 different types of controllers.

I was sooo dissappointed in the NGC, for not having many mature games, I just dont want the same dissappointment with the Wii. Ive played Zelda, and it was great, but I still cant take Nintendo seriously. Everyone I kow with the Wii is soooo happy with it though.
    Zelda is great but if you wanna play sports games, I'd recommend a more visually impressive game system and the Wii doesn't cut it.

Playing sports games by really "working out" on the Wii to play them could be quite fun but ultimately that's a novelty. If you've used to the Eyetoy on the PS2 you see what I mean. It's fun...but not all the fucking time (or even most of the time actually).

Get your system for the next-gen in graphics and a lot of good games to take advantage of it and not simply a next-gen controller and just a mere handful of games that are clearly last-gen.

8. Games   -   #8
    Ok

Let's see here

I really think that you should buy a nintendo wii, i honestly think you'll be happier with it, and you'll enjoy it more. If you want like a hardcore gaming system, go for the xbox 360. But, if you want a system where you can play fun games, and have great games like zelda ( best game out for wii btw) then get the wii
    The Homicidal,Suicidal,Genocidal

9. Games   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by BrolyBoo View Post
    Ok

Let's see here

I really think that you should buy a nintendo wii, i honestly think you'll be happier with it, and you'll enjoy it more. If you want like a hardcore gaming system, go for the xbox 360. But, if you want a system where you can play fun games, and have great games like zelda ( best game out for wii btw) then get the wii
    Question

How often are you really gonna wanna Wiimote games?

How many more good games besides Zelda will the Wii have?

Metroid is an acquired taste, Super Smash is gonna be great and then there's the obligatory Mario.

I'd like to know if anyone here has a kickass Gamecube library.

If so, what games do you have?

The mileage that I got out of my PS2 and Xbox makes the overall extra money those systems cost worth more than the Gamecube. Fortunately I didn't buy the GC or I'd be pissed about a shitty investment.

10. Games   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by BrolyBoo View Post
    Ok

Let's see here

Question

How often are you really gonna wanna Wiimote games?

How many more good games besides Zelda will the Wii have?

Metroid is an acquired taste, Super Smash is gonna be great and then there's the obligatory Mario.

I'd like to know if anyone here has a kickass Gamecube library.

If so, what games do you have?

The mileage that I got out of my PS2 and Xbox makes the overall extra money those systems cost worth more than the Gamecube. Fortunately I didn't buy the GC or I'd be pissed about a shitty investment.
    You shoulda really numbered that shit

1. Every game is a Wiimote game, you use the Wiimote
    2. Plenty, Zelda's just a start

I enjoy my gamecube games alot, and i still play it ( i dont feel like listing all of that shit over here, ill do it later)
    The Homicidal,Suicidal,Genocidal

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast