Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Faster Xp

  1. #1
    i did this and now my xp runs faster


    start
    my computer
    on the hard drive icon ---- right click properties
    UNCHECK allow indexing service to index this disk....

    let it complete its task.

    and it speeds up the op system (xp)

    the reason it wrkds because i think it decreases the search speed for fiolders. or something like that

  2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,397
    hmmm tryed it but cant see much difference

  3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by adthomp@18 May 2003 - 14:56
    hmmm tryed it but cant see much difference
    yeah me to..

  4. File Sharing   -   #4
    FST Retiree
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    634
    Originally posted by hotindew@18 May 2003 - 03:50
    and it speeds up the op system (xp)

    the reason it wrkds because i think it decreases the search speed for fiolders. or something like that
    disabling the windows xp indexing service does not improve system performance, since the indexing of files is done only when the computer is idle. B)

  5. File Sharing   -   #5

  6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Its a nice tip.. but I don't notice the difference..

  7. File Sharing   -   #7
    DivX
    Guest
    try uninstaalling it and use a propper OS like win2000

  8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by DivX@25 May 2003 - 00:16
    try uninstaalling it and use a propper OS like win2000
    I hate Win 2000... My computer runs alot faster with WinXp Pro.

  9. File Sharing   -   #9
    divx im sorry but windows 2000 is the shittest operating ststem and has the most problems!



    -NozzeR-

  10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by NozzeR2003@25 May 2003 - 13:13
    divx im sorry but windows 2000 is the shittest operating ststem and has the most problems!



    -NozzeR-
    Not more than Windows ME

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •