Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Many Pages Can U Read In An Hr

Poster
    True. Thats when people can't accept other peoples opinions and views though, and they feel the need to get personal and start flaming.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Originally posted by Jibbler+19 May 2003 - 00:51--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jibbler @ 19 May 2003 - 00:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--soopaman@18 May 2003 - 16:52
    A good example of which would be the Bible.
    Interpretation and comprehension are two different things. Could you have picked a worse example? Only the bible has been misinterpreted more over the last 2000 years.

But anyway, I&#39;m not calling any of you liars, I&#39;m just trying to say that your numbers seem inflated. One person, can&#39;t remember who, was saying that they can re-read a book faster the second time. Ya think? I wouldn&#39;t expect your time to be slower. [/b][/quote]

I didn&#39;t mention interpretation in my post. I meant understanding/comprehension. I think it was a perfect example, people have misunderstood the Bible and misinterpretted it. You are right. As for the re-reading books - definately quicker for me&#33;&#33;
    Signature removed

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Originally posted by soopaman@19 May 2003 - 01:47
    As for the re-reading books - definately quicker for me&#33;&#33;
    I had the same problem with my girlfriend... That&#39;s why she left&#33;

Just one question: are numbers really so important? Is Bookworld turning into some kind of "who&#39;s got the bigger one" contest?
    That&#39;s actually two question, I know, but I don&#39;t really see the point of all this...

4. Lounge   -   #24
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    I don&#39;t know.

I don&#39;t count pages when I read.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Just one question: are numbers really so important? Is Bookworld turning into some kind of "who&#39;s got the bigger one" contest?
    Nope you&#39;re right, numbers arent important. All that is, is that we all enjoy sitting down with a good read. And I dont think this is any kind of contest, I just think its a friendly thread to find out more about our fellow bookworlders.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Never really thought about it too much..............hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............lets see now.......................100 or so if speed reading..............I suppose.............................much less if its boring..................and if skimming the cream off the top......several books.... (cos U only need the intro and the conclusion plus chapter headings and the first 2 paragraphs.....if its a non-technical text book)

Having said that, if reading for editing and content purposes before submission (like something I have written) then I may spend several hours on 25 pages.

So I would say it rather depends on the context, its dullness level and how important it is.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    I&#39;m gonna play all my audiobooks at 2x speed tonight so that I can hear them faster.
    Proud member of MDS

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    LOL...jeez you only listen at 2x speed...phish...thats pretty sad. I at least listen at 4x, if not more

9. Lounge   -   #29
    LOL addthomp what did i tell u about this thread before u posted it

10. Lounge   -   #30
    BANNED
    LOL addthomp what did i tell u about this thread before u posted it&nbsp;
    opps guess im good at starting topics that result to this

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast