Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How Many Pages Can U Read In An Hr

Is Bookworld turning into some kind of "who's got the bigger one" contest?
    well...i think i've got "the bigger one" but i can only read about 50 pages in an hour...down hill with the wind behind me.....

botts

2. Lounge   -   #32
    More importantly, how fast DO you read, as opposed to how fast CAN you read? I can read well over 100 pages an hour of tiny print on a fairly large page, and comprehend as well as retain everything. The only time time I do this is if I have to (manuals, texts, etc.) or if I am reading an extremely exciting part of the book, and I consciously try not to do this. The reason is that I enjoy reading as fuel for conceptual thinking, enlightenment, and the poetry of words. For me to read as quickly possible would be akin to a food lover tearing through every gourmet morsel they could get their hands on without even tasting it. I sometimes force myself to reread paragraphs or pages that present some form of exceptional beauty or rhythm or concept as many as three or four times, before continuing, although it happens very naturally now. IMHO, if you are going to take the time to read, you should enjoy it to the fullest extent that you can. Don't get me wrong, I still shred books with the best of them, but not at the expense of the content, and certainly not so that I can tell people how fast I can read.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234