Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange goings on in Vietnam

Urgent

I have a couple of mates, one Scottish and one Austrian, (both now Australian), who were members of the Israeli special forces, and fought in Vietnam as part of an Israeli assassination squad attached to the US forces.

I know this for a fact, I've seen ample proof, and have also spoken about it to an Israeli mate of theirs, also there, who visited Australia recently.

However, search as I may, I can find no mention of this on the web.

Is this information too sensitive?

This to me is on par with the fact that US special forces were in Afghanistan prior to the Russian invasion, and was one of the main reasons the Russians invaded.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    Who were they there to assassinate. I don't mean specific people, what type of people.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I dont think they would have told you sensitive information if they new you were going to tell every tom ,dick or harry in FST.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrajag View Post
    Who were they there to assassinate. I don't mean specific people, what type of people.
    As far as I can make out it was military targets, although they're pretty vague at times. When I suggested it was also civilians they denied it. Maybe assassination is the wrong word, it sounds like killing important people, Steve, the Scotsman, actually called it a death squad. I get the feeling at times that they're not sure what they're allowed to say.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien5 View Post
    I dont think they would have told you sensitive information if they new you were going to tell every tom ,dick or harry in FST.
    It was a long time ago, the war finished in 1975, 31 years ago. I'm sure they said nothing for many years, but who would really give a fuck now?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    why do you ask in your first post: Is this information too sensitive?
    do you mean it's too sensitive to be mentioned on the web?
    it sounds like the kind of thing that would have been a secret mission at the time, but not anymore.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ava Estelle View Post
    As far as I can make out it was military targets, although they're pretty vague at times. When I suggested it was also civilians they denied it. Maybe assassination is the wrong word, it sounds like killing important people, Steve, the Scotsman, actually called it a death squad. I get the feeling at times that they're not sure what they're allowed to say.
    There was something called Phoenix, could they have been part of that.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien5 View Post
    why do you ask in your first post: Is this information too sensitive?
    it sounds like the kind of thing that would have been a secret mission at the time, but not anymore.
    It was a rhetorical question. Sure it was secret, so were many other things, but 31 years is a long time to keep a secret.

There was something called Phoenix, could they have been part of that.
    Phoenix?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Operation Phoenix, they killed people.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    I just looked up Phoenix, it certainly sounds like the sort of thing, and being CIA run anything could have happened. Still no mention of Israelis though.

I can't ask Steve, he's just flown off to Thailand, but I'll see what Tony says.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast