Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Superseeding

Poster BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    What is superseeding? Does it benefit the uploader or the leechers ?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    kavalchuk17's Avatar Something RETIRED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    uts suposed to benifit everyone, but only if your the first seeder.

it supposed to make sure you dont send the same part of the file isnt sent out twice until all of it is sent out once.

and im not sure, but i think depending on the client, it looks at the upload speed and devote more bandwidth to people who will spread the parts faster.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by kavalchuk17 View Post
    uts suposed to benifit everyone, but only if your the first seeder.

it supposed to make sure you dont send the same part of the file isnt sent out twice until all of it is sent out once.

and im not sure, but i think depending on the client, it looks at the upload speed and devote more bandwidth to people who will spread the parts faster.
    Thats a correct assumption.

It makes it alot easeir on the original uploader cause he doesnt have to keep sending the same pieces over and over again to each client that requests pieces. If the uploader has already sent a piece that someone elses client needs, the uploaders client will tell it "F-OFF I dont have the piece your looking for but someone else in the swarm does" so to speak

The client also will not send you a new piece unless it detects you have already sent the last piece you received from me to at least 1 other user in the swarm as well. Thus the faster your outgoing the more likely you will complete the file.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I was sure superseeding decreased the number of peers you connected to so each peer gets more speeds!!!
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Hanz™'s Avatar making the world go BT Rep: +3
    It wouldn't be good on a private tracker. Ideally you want people to be downloading from you as much as possible to get your ratio up if you are seeding it.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    kavalchuk17's Avatar Something RETIRED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Melvin i swear you know everything.

and hanz, when your the original uploader, you have no problems with maxing out your connection, so superseeding helps the bits spread faster.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by kavalchuk17 View Post
    Melvin i swear you know everything.

and hanz, when your the original uploader, you have no problems with maxing out your connection, so superseeding helps the bits spread faster.
    I mean that because you will upload quicker and more efficiently you will spend less time being the only person with 1 copy (which is when you gain the greatest ratio).

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Haha, dirty tactics.

but yeah, if you wanted to do that
    but of course it slows down the swarm speed and creates those swarms where everyone is at 68.33%, 68.33%, 68.33%, 68.32%, 68.32%...

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Which is just what I want.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    n00brific :) BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Hanz, right on man

that's what i do too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast