Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bit Che--A customizable torrent search tool

moocrah's Avatar MPAA Hostage BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleazn View Post
    ummm does this work? on private as well?
    Yes and that may be a problem: you have to entrust your usernames and passwords for the application to access them. So it must receive a top clean from spyware seal, etc from trusted testing sites before people input their hard-earned and stricter-than-hell private tracker memberships.
    Last edited by moocrah; 01-02-2007 at 06:46 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by moocrah View Post
    Yes, it's a good freebie, but since its latest version (pls check the date of this msg) it does an ugly call to a suspicious IP on the net, reserved by IANA. So I advise you to revert to the version before the Dec 2006 one.

ummm. i just google Bit Che from time to time and i just wanted to say i got a good little laugh outta your comment here no offense meant at all, but moocrah, that is the 'auto upgrade server check'. you can turn this off in the preferences if you dont want to trust my own website. but just to clear up any doubt, here is the exact HTTP header that Bit Che sends to the server (which ONLY looks for new versions of Bit Che, so you dont have to )

connection to: convivea.com [66.29.102.2]
    Code:
    GET http://www.convivea.com/update.php?uid=bit&v=1.0.60 HTTP/1.1
    Accept: text/xml, application/xml, application/xhtml+xml, text/html, image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/x-shockwave-flash, */*
    Accept-Language: en-us
    Referer: http://www.convivea.com/update.php?uid=bit&v=1.0.60
    Connection: Close
    User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061010 Firefox/2.0
    Host: www.convivea.com
    "uid=bit" because i have other software products on my website that use the same update checking script, and "v=1.0.60".. well obviously this is the version. however, yours will say 1.0.59.

so there you have it! any further questions?
    -chip
    convivea.com

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    BANNED BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    its pretty good

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12