Thread: Playstation 3 wireless network issue

delimare's Avatar Polyamorous BT Rep: +2
    When using my wireless connection on the PS3, the connection is constantly lost then reconnected. I will watch the "signing in" status under the friends icon and it will connect and then tell me that "you have been disconnected from the access point". Once disconnected it immediately signs me back in, 5 seconds later it's lost and then signing back in again. I can't imagine it being a port forwarding issue because it works hard wired. Has anyone had an issue like this?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    You're just one of the lucky folks who managed to get their hands on one of these things. I don't know if there is anyone else on this forum who has one that could help you out

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    off subject:

i'd sell it and save ur money for 2nd gen ps3. one that works like it's supposed to and i'm not just talking about ur problem.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    lynx's Avatar .
    One possibility:

Your router is configured with Wireless encryption and/or security passwords but your PS/3 doesn't have the correct information and is consequently being disconnected by your router.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.