Thread: Security Issues: K++ Vs Bitorrent Vs Shareazaa

Could anyone please tell me which P2P programs offers the best protection / security against RIAA, FBI etc... (it goes without saying that I use K++ privacy tool )

Bitorrent is much better than K++ or Shareazaa when it comes to new releases, but is it really safe and reliable? Any insight on ES5 as well?

Any comments much appreciated. Althouh I am a newbie, I like technical stuff so don't be afraid to be too specific

Thanks very much in advance!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Face it, you are never 100% when using P2P. It's really not the program that makes you safer, firewalls, AV scanners, etc. protect you more in P2P.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    while using a peer guardian blocklist , when visiting bittorrent sites and or using torrents,
    im getting blockage on
    fbi, cogent, and media force ip ranges

also, as of this moment at 8 pm -5:00 gmt,
    have a look at torrents cx

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Lord of the KLF
    wtf its gone all

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Shareaza has a block list for some known hostile addresses and has criteria where it WILL block ANY ip that acts in a suspicious manner. Shareaza, BearShare, and other Gnutella p2p programs have quite sophisticated hostiles protection due to being on an OPEN network where hostiles can generate 100x more traffic than everyone/everything else combined. They hold their own, but still suffer so much that they cannot compare to the search ability of KL++... yet.

BitTorrent and Kazaa Lite++ currently have NO protection at all. You have to run Peer Guardian to have any protection at all on them.

So in short, REGARDLESS what you run, get Peer Guardian and a GOOD block list (I'm working on one and have released my preliminary already in the Developer's department)... or you may be sorry!

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Thank you very much guys for your help

Could Peer Guardian slow down my upload / download speed?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by bullet_dodger@19 May 2003 - 17:50
    Thank you very much guys for your help

Could Peer Guardian slow down my upload / download speed?
    Only on a very slow computer (<200 Mhz) will Peer Guardian significantly slow down anything.

Peer Guardian blocks ip ranges of known hostiles, fakes, corrupters, and monitors. If anything, blocking all that undesireable traffic MAY speed UP your downloads/uploads.

BUT... if any of the ip addresses blocked were in fact legitimate AND you happened to try to download from one, it would fail completely to get that file until it found a non-blocked source. I&#39;ve had that happen maybe 3 times out of almost 6 months of use and ~1,000-2,000 files.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Thank you Switeck for this useful information B)

As soon as your final blocking list is released, I&#39;ll download it&#33;&#33;