Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do u want and Wish in the new awaited Tracker SCP (Post here and u may see it)

ScP is doing as good a job or better with today's 24 releases than many of the trackers I'm a member of, some of which are very well established. If ScP keeps up the good work, we have a winner.

2. BitTorrent   -   #202
    phoenixfire's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    I cannot stress this enough.

Exclusive movie/tv show packs are a good way to boost the torrent sites content.

3. BitTorrent   -   #203
    shikotee's Avatar Of Crazy Mind
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire View Post
    I cannot stress this enough.

Exclusive movie/tv show packs are a good way to boost the torrent sites content.
    No doubt - If you have something that others do not, it makes you special. You develop a hype, and human nature eggs people on to want to be a part of the bandwagon.

But as mentioned - this is filesharing, and not filehording!

If you are a member of some exclusive tracker, and it really bugs you that someone is taking your content elsewhere, you really need to take a few seconds and come to understand that this is exactly how the legally legitimite copyright holders feel.

Just as legit copyright can't control filesharing, neither can the pirates!
    While competition is healthy at times, it can be pretty darn ugly and petty.

My take - The ends just don't justify the means.

Trying to control content is an abuse of power, even if you doing it for what may seem good reasons (ie strengthen your tracker).

It reminds me of Orwell's "Animal Farm".

It all starts off with the animals working together to take over the farm (digital content), and kick out the farmer (legal copyright holders).

"Four legs Good. Two Legs Bad."

But as time progresses, the Pigs start to take on the attributes of the farmer that was chased out, and in time:

"Four legs Good. Two Legs Better."

I just hope no one sends me out to y'old glue factory, as was the fate for old Boxer

4. BitTorrent   -   #204
    nihility's Avatar Im not the c0ps loll BT Rep: +3
    ^^ That was a really strange comparison to make, but it makes sense :/
    gw

5. BitTorrent   -   #205
    Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by luisc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Submission View Post

The tracker releases illegal content, your entire rant is so pointless. Who's going to do what? You think people here are gonna whine and go this is bullshit!!! scp is stealing sct's files!?!?
    aburyach is an idiot. he sounds like he's about to cry. sorry if your "amazing exclusive" sct account is worth less now. but it's fucking FILE SHARING. not FILE HORDE IT ALL TO YOURSELF AND BE A DICK ABOUT IT. youre probaly just pissed cuz no one will want to trade for your sct acc or invites if they can get the same stuff on scp. economics. look into it
    I agree that trackers shouldn't horde content, but I think aburyach's point is that ScP was trying to pass off the pack as it's own. That's what makes sense to me anyways. Hell yeah, I'd like access to ScT's packs over at ScP as well, but maybe ScP shouldn't pass it off as its own. Just say that the source was ScT, or don't mention a source at all.

6. BitTorrent   -   #206
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfire View Post
    aburyach is an idiot. he sounds like he's about to cry. sorry if your "amazing exclusive" sct account is worth less now. but it's fucking FILE SHARING. not FILE HORDE IT ALL TO YOURSELF AND BE A DICK ABOUT IT. youre probaly just pissed cuz no one will want to trade for your sct acc or invites if they can get the same stuff on scp. economics. look into it
    I agree that trackers shouldn't horde content, but I think aburyach's point is that ScP was trying to pass off the pack as it's own. That's what makes sense to me anyways. Hell yeah, I'd like access to ScT's packs over at ScP as well, but maybe ScP shouldn't pass it off as its own. Just say that the source was ScT, or don't mention a source at all.
    What you say makes sense...give the credibility to scT or dont mention it at all. Also don't mention it as your own either.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

7. BitTorrent   -   #207
    phoenixfire's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfire View Post
    I think we all know the truth that aburyach is just a big sct fanboy.

The sct admins themselves didn't make as big a complaint as he is doing.

8. BitTorrent   -   #208
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    wasnt the s*t pack bigger? didnt it have like 4-5 more dvdr's? indeed it did!

9. BitTorrent   -   #209
    aburyach's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieJesus View Post
    wasnt the s*t pack bigger? didnt it have like 4-5 more dvdr's? indeed it did!
    ScP split it up... look at my previous post, you will see Proof and everything

Don't get me wrong, I like ScP and I look forward to their exclusive (hopefully) content. I just think that ScT worked hard (sure, call me a fanboy ) to put out good stuff, and its not fair to just take and claim (this is what irritates me) it as your own.

Hopefully ScP will go well. I don't wish to put it down and flame it.

The sct admins themselves didn't make as big a complaint as he is doing.
    Well maybe they didn't do it this time, but they have made pretty comments to Nordic-T in their torrent descriptions calling them scum and telling that they (nordic-t) will likely steal this pack as well as other previous packs.
    Last edited by aburyach; 01-07-2007 at 04:40 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #210
    These "packs" that everyone keeps referring to are merely compilations of scene releases. The private torrent sites are not the ones ripping the films. Sure, it's great to have all the content in one nice, convenient location, but I would hardly call it "hard work." The content is just transferred from dumps that have archived releases. As I said though, it is nice to have these "packs," I just wish that the torrent sites would stop acting like they are busting their ass to make them available.

EDIT: Nevermind, it appears as though the above was already mentioned within the last few pages.

It's also amazing how so many users on here through around the words "ftp axx" and have no concept of how releases are distrubuted. It's clear that many of you "grew up" on bittorrent and are very misinformed/ignorant of how many of these sites function. Sorry if that sounds harsh.. just had to get it out.
    Last edited by sh0gun; 01-07-2007 at 05:31 AM.

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 ... LastLast