Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: my sct got disabled...

buddy's Avatar Wanabe saint! BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDude87 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Basquiat View Post
    yea...never here people ask what sct is/url....i stand corrected
    Ok the occasional noob will ask what it is and people will quickly say scenetorrents. Now, take that same noob and ask for UK-T, FTN, FSC etc. I bet you $100 the thread changes completly (people will be like can't do that noob, learn it yourself etc. etc.) I have seen more UK-T, FTN, FSC etc. threads then ScT threads. Please prove me wrong though, otherwise go to sleep drunkard.
    Cut some slack will you ?! The guy did say that he stands corrected afterall..

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #52
    A State of Trance BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post

Ok the occasional noob will ask what it is and people will quickly say scenetorrents. Now, take that same noob and ask for UK-T, FTN, FSC etc. I bet you $100 the thread changes completly (people will be like can't do that noob, learn it yourself etc. etc.) I have seen more UK-T, FTN, FSC etc. threads then ScT threads. Please prove me wrong though, otherwise go to sleep drunkard.
    Cut some slack will you ?! The guy did say that he stands corrected afterall..
    , sarcasm my dear friend.

@Lysine etc. Give it up guys, if you want to flame me for flaming you, then please start a thread dedicated to it. Don't hijack other peoples threads, thanks. I have nothing against you guys and I am sure you are pissed for my previous excessive swear word usage. I have no problem with you flaming or arguing with me in private or in a dedicated thread.
    Last edited by Karawasa; 01-03-2007 at 06:46 AM.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #53
    Basquiat's Avatar DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    whatever the original intent was here im behind it 100%, it is rare that i make posts that arent beneficial to me or someone else...im still drinking ona hangover from a hangover from a hangover from a hangover and probably x2, TheDude87 im with you all the way holmes...

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #54
    mags23's Avatar Canadian Bastard BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    ...so, what was this thread about again? I'm lost.
    "I predict this motel will be standing until I pay my bill"
    - Warren Zevon

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #55
    Quote Originally Posted by mags23 View Post
    ...so, what was this thread about again? I'm lost.
    umm...lost college cheerleaders looking for shelter?

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #56
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    So I made some bad posts when I was tired.
    lol, that's not any kind of excuse. you indicated your character in that thread I linked to.

Allow me to explain
    no amount of your explaining will change your earlier statement. you blatantly stated that you don't care about the rules on certain trackers. I understand you're just trying to cover your ass from something you said last week, but it's pretty clear how you feel about the situation. if you're willing to post the url of f*n, f***, etc... even though you know they don't want their url or names to be given out, you don't seem very trustworthy with other sites.

you changed your tune from last week:
    However, this site in my mind is designed to help the common man. Thus, it is NOT IN THE INTEREST OF OUR COMMUNITY to keep these secrets.
    to this:

Unless you have specifically been asked to keep something secret, you are hurting this community by doing so.

yet you've stated that you're willing to hurt those trackers by "not giving a fuck," so who is really hurting a community, a loose cannon who doesn't respect rules (both written and unwritten) or someone who keeps their mouth shut?

Lysine and this guy have contributed nothing to help the original poster and his qualm.
    I've shared some insight into your character. I think that's relevant to the topic at hand.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #57
    am i "that guy?" i cant remember...whatever, lysine you make good points...

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #58
    A State of Trance BT Rep: +2
    Not really, he avoids basically everything I said in my post in this thread and simply quotes old things. I explained everything clearly, reread my post for rebuttal to Lysine.

For those who are lazy:

I said that I respect the privacy of sites when I have specifically agreed to. My character is this: I want to help everyone on this site as much as I can. If a noob wants to know a url I will tell it to him unless I have agreed otherwise (for instance FSC, I won't say a word). I am not a loose cannon nor am I untrustworthy. On the contrary, I am very straight edged and trustworthy.

Your part about me changing tunes is really idiotic of you. I did not change tunes at all. Let me requote for you:

"However, this site in my mind is designed to help the common man. Thus, it is NOT IN THE INTEREST OF OUR COMMUNITY to keep these secrets"

to

"Unless you have specifically been asked to keep something secret, you are hurting this community by doing so"

I see no change in tune. Perhaps you are having trouble understanding my point. Let me lay it out for you. I beleive that if you have been asked to keep a secret you should. However, if you are under no such obligation then helping a noob is more important then some sites wishes, IN MY OPINION. I like helping people on the personal level, not some site that I don't belong to.
    Last edited by Karawasa; 01-03-2007 at 07:23 AM.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #59
    Not really, he avoids basically everything I said in my post in this thread and simply quotes old things. I explained everything clearly, reread my post for rebuttal to Lysine.

For those who are lazy:

I said that I respect the privacy of sites when I have specifically agreed to. My character is this: I want to help everyone on this site as much as I can. If a noob wants to know a url I will tell it to him unless I have agreed otherwise (for instance FSC, I won't say a word). I am not a loose cannon nor am I untrustworthy. On the contrary, I am very straight edged and trustworthy.

Your part about me changing tunes is really idiotic of you. I did not change tunes at all. Let me requote for you:

"However, this site in my mind is designed to help the common man. Thus, it is NOT IN THE INTEREST OF OUR COMMUNITY to keep these secrets"

to

"Unless you have specifically been asked to keep something secret, you are hurting this community by doing so"

I see no change in tune. Perhaps you are having trouble understanding my point. Let me lay it out for you. I beleive that if you have been asked to keep a secret you should. However, if you are under no such obligation then helping a noob is more important then some sites wishes, IN MY OPINION. I like helping people on the personal level, not some site that I don't belong to.

well when you put it like that with all those words and shit you should get the nobel peace prize!

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #60
    safa's Avatar ® BT Rep: +1
    How many people have you got unbanned coolguy, all that were unbanned by the coolguy please step forward?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast