Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best Guitarist?

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Too tough-

I bet I could name 50 favorites, players who I can't get enough of-

Just to name one-does Leo Kottke get any props here?

Probably the most technically proficient player there is, on a twelve-string to boot (check out "Airproofing").

Not to mention he had to totally re-create his playing technique due to a hand ailment years back.

Everybody knows all the obvious choices (the rockers); I do, too, but I like to find the ones hiding in the corners.

Clocker knows of a few guitar players-he knows where some of the corners are, too.....
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Music   -   #32
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by Guitar-Slinger@21 May 2003 - 14:45

Gonna broadcast a Guitar-Special in Shoutcast today or tomorrow, 1 hour or so about guitars and the community here, im currently downloading some stuff adthomp has made and i got his permission to use it on the radio-show, got also something from UKMan, need to get his permission though...
    Anyone interested?
    I'm interested, gimme the link

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

3. Music   -   #33
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Yeah, there's a lot of "not-so-famous" guitar players out there, i've heard of Leo Kottke too
    , how about late Danny Gatton? ther's probably a 100000 players that should be mentioned here.

@ Proper Bo, I tell thee:

Gonna take some time before i got the show done, maybe in about 6 hours or so,

I dont have the link yet, working on the stuff right now, gonna post it later... stay tuned!
    Spoiler: Show

4. Music   -   #34
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Guitar-Slinger@21 May 2003 - 14:45
    I did warm up a bit before hitting the record button, and there was some beers involved too.
    Some places the timing is way off (beer) and i didnt make all them harmonics (up to D note) ringing
    the way they should. Wasnt even trying to play like SRV, thats not really possible and its rather pointless, there's too many SRV wannabes around allready. For me, he was THE blues player, hope my version does some justice for the song.
    He hehehehehe...,

the voice of a musician that is never satisfied with the stuff he playes, unshure and careful of what other people might think or say... Sure i hear the little faults in what you play in this song (and other as well) but that's not the point man!
    I recognize alot in you! Never happy and careful...
    That's a great talent man!
    We all make misstakes because we are human. If you want something perfect (without any feeling) program it on a computer and let it roll... (Duh NOT&#33

It's about the feel!

Keep up the good work!

5. Music   -   #35
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Watch out mr Roctron, I just installed Fruity Loops on my puter!

Actually im gonna only use some filters of it, running it in VST.

Im planning to be the next Darude, maybe got me a hit just for this summer, gotta hurry up though...

I wouldnt mind, getting a summer-techno-hit, collect the cash...
    Spoiler: Show

6. Music   -   #36
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Guitar-Slinger@21 May 2003 - 09:54
    how about late Danny Gatton? ther's probably a 100000 players that should be mentioned here.

Danny Gatton is one of my new faves, thanks to Clocker, who has a bit of history with him-
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. Music   -   #37
    marty friedman + jason becker (cacophony) - they rule!!

8. Music   -   #38
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Has to be slash, fantastic phrasing, complete rock star, and some of the technical stuff ive heard him play would easily rival vai or satch

9. Music   -   #39
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready

DANNY GATTON!

with all due respect to Roy Buchanan, Danny's technical godfather.

Check out Gatton's "Blues Newberg" or Buchanan's "The Messiah Will Come Again" to hear someone make a Telecaster cry...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. Music   -   #40
    @j2k4
    leo kottke is great
    you might like Keller Williams
    or Micheal Hedges
    and perhaps Charlie Hunter (plays bass and guitar at the same time on a 8 string he invented)
    cheers!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast