Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best Guitarist?

BANNED
    holy shit i cant believe no one has mentioned ANGUS YOUNG yet hes the best guitarist ever
    Dammit why didnt i mentioned him i cant believe i didnt one of my favourites guitaist ever cant bielve i forgot him i saw acdc once and angus is a freak

2. Music   -   #22
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Originally posted by pussymasterzee@20 May 2003 - 14:25
    holy shit i cant believe no one has mentioned ANGUS YOUNG yet hes the best guitarist ever 
    My Bad!

Sorry about that, was making a sorta quick-list, maybe forgot some other good players as well.

Angus is a player all right! Maybe not the best nevertheless but he has THE attitude.

Tune into UKMan's KLF Radio "show",
    7.5 hours AC/DC and the Who.

Im tuned allready...

-GS-
    Spoiler: Show

3. Music   -   #23
    Adam Jones of Tool.

4. Music   -   #24
    Joe Satriani

5. Music   -   #25
    It's almost impossible to answer this question, as there are so many different styles and methods, but it stills boils down to personal preference!

Among my favourites are Slash, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton and Brian May, but yet they're all different and all great Guitarists!! B)

6. Music   -   #26
    Sorry, I forgot Gary Moore! B)

7. Music   -   #27
    Kurt Cobain

8. Music   -   #28
    Poster
    Steve Craddock is one of my favourite guitarists.

9. Music   -   #29
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by i8gtmf@18 May 2003 - 18:33
    Just has to be Mr Satriani ....
    Yep!

Joe Satriani is the GOD!
    He knows it all, but just playes the notes that HIT you when you are not looking...

And Steve Vai learned it all from him!!
    But don't forget John Petrucci from Dream Theater... he's AMAZING!!

And about Guitar Slinger (like jetje said) download this file: Guitar-Slinger Riviera Paradise
    Great improvisation! (I think he played this in 1 take with some mixes?)

10. Music   -   #30
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Originally posted by Rocktron@21 May 2003 - 14:40

And about Guitar Slinger (like jetje said) download this file: Guitar-Slinger Riviera Paradise
    Great improvisation! (I think he played this in 1 take with some mixes?)
    ...oh, and i bet JetJe was just pulling your legs.

My version of Riviera Paradise was done in one take, its about 11 minutes of improvisation. No mixes, just one guitar track. I did warm up a bit before hitting the record button, and there was some beers involved too.
    Some places the timing is way off (beer) and i didnt make all them harmonics (up to D note) ringing
    the way they should. Wasnt even trying to play like SRV, thats not really possible and its rather pointless, there's too many SRV wannabes around allready. For me, he was THE blues player, hope my version does some justice for the song.
    It has the kinda Pub-live feeling, allthough only for guitar as rest is midi.
    Gotta say, i like the sound of the guitar though, Ibanez 808 Tube-Screamer helped a lot, and a single-coil...
    It aint really good playing, i could probably do a better version BUT, its done so its done, gotta
    move along to different songs etc... and that brings me to the subject i really wanna say:

Gonna broadcast a Guitar-Special in Shoutcast today or tomorrow, 1 hour or so about guitars and the community here, im currently downloading some stuff adthomp has made and i got his permission to use it on the radio-show, got also something from UKMan, need to get his permission though...
    Anyone interested?

Also gonna make a new thread about it in Music World or just add a post in the KLF Radio thread...

-GS-
    Spoiler: Show

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast