Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Haunted House Movies

Event Horizon - Fairly good, haunted spacecraft film.

Evil Dead

Evil Dead II - don't bother with the 3rd film. Not 1/2 as good.

The Others - quite atmospheric creeper.

A good creepy film seems to stay with me longer than a gorefest. Saying that you gotta love the gore!!
    Signature removed

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Really? You didnt like Army of Darkness? Wow...thats a first. I guess everyone is entitled to there opinion though. Sure it wasnt scary...but I found it quite entertaining. And actually...come to think of it, Id say most people have only seen Army of Darkness and not the first two films...which is sad

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Originally posted by thegroggman@26 May 2003 - 09:48
    Really? You didnt like Army of Darkness? Wow...thats a first. I guess everyone is entitled to there opinion though. Sure it wasnt scary...but I found it quite entertaining. And actually...come to think of it, Id say most people have only seen Army of Darkness and not the first two films...which is sad
    I don't hate Army of Darkness, I just thought it was a disappointment after the first two which were classics. In England Army of Darkness was given a 15 certificate against the first two's 18 certs. This was no doubt because it was aimed at a more widespread and commercial audience. It's just not as creepy as the first two. I particularly liked the "Playing Card" sequence where the blonde girl reads the cards out as they are drawn but she has her back turned, etc. Good shit!!

Sam Raimi at his peak I think.
    Signature removed

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Hi, Have you heard of an older movie called The Changling?? Its had George C. Scott in it, its from the early 80's, but man that is one spooky ass movie!

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    DARKNESS FALLS

DARKNESS

THE OTHERS

THE SIXTH SENCE

WHAT LIES BENEATH

FINAL DESTINATION

SCARY MOVIE 2 (LOL)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12