Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haunted House Movies

Any recommendations for horror movies centered about forboding mansions such as Rose Red, The Legend of Hell House, The Haunting, House on Haunted Hill, Th13rteen Ghosts, Ghost Story, the Shining, Ghost Ship The Fog.

Doesn't have to actually be a house, a haunted anything.

In the genre of horror, I like the subcategory of "creepy" over "slash and maim" or "stumbling zombies".
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Hmm...normally Id be able to think of more, but for now all I can think of are Poltergeist (the first...and maybe 2nd) and Maximum Overdrive (yeah I know possesed cars....stupid...but it has its moments).

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Originally posted by thegroggman@18 May 2003 - 18:39
    Hmm...normally Id be able to think of more, but for now all I can think of are Poltergeist (the first...and maybe 2nd) and Maximum Overdrive (yeah I know possesed cars....stupid...but it has its moments).
    Poltergeist is good but I've seen it.

Maximum Overdrive is just like Tremors with cars- not bad.

NightShift is one I forgot.
    Also, the Legacy

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    what about the Amityville horror

and no movie is as "creepy" as the exorcist

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    the gate
    pet cemetary

these weren't bad

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    An unapologetic bump

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Ok I got one for you....sure it ventures off into the comedy realm quite a bit, but its fun to watch never-the-less. House. Yup....the titel says it all. Oh but stay away from the sequel...

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Poster
    hey, what about evil dead ? i remmember some of them where in houses, i think they were all great, and i love movies that mix with comedy and other, eg: x-men is like science fiction, but tis got funny parts. evil dead is horror with funny parts kekeke

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    LOL...yup the first two took place in the exact same cabin. Actually in the first film Raimi wasnt going for camp, but it turned out people really liked it like that, so he stuck in more comedy for Evil Dead 2.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Poster
    hehehe yeah evil dead rocks!, oh and if u really wanna shit your pants, get HELL RAISER i saw that when i was like 10yo and had nightmare for bout 1 week, lol.

btw, your avartar is broken

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast