Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just Got This Message On Kazaa

Poster
    COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT WARNING:
    It appears that you are offering copyrighted music to others from your computer. Distributing or downloading copyrighted music on the Internet without permission from the copyright owner is ILLEGAL. It hurts songwriters who create and musicians who perform the music you love, and all the other people who bring you music.

When you break the law, you risk legal penalties. There is a simple way to avoid that risk: DON'T STEAL MUSIC, either by offering it to others to copy or downloading it on a "file-sharing" system like this.

When you offer music on these systems, you are not anonymous and you can easily be identified. You also may have unlocked and exposed your computer and your private files to anyone on the Internet. Don't take these chances. Disable the share feature or uninstall your "file-sharing" software. For more information on how, go to http://www.musicunited.net/5_takeoff.html.

This warning comes from artists, songwriters, musicians, music publishers, record labels and hundreds of thousands of people who work at creating and distributing the music you enjoy. We are unable to receive direct replies to this message. For more information about this Copyright Warning, go to www.musicunited.net.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    How did you actually receive this warning

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    that is the message from the RIAA that theyre sending out, my friend was also 1 of the people 2 get them, just ignore it and dont worry about it..also did u take a screenshot? if so post it up

fuck Derby County

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    I got the message through the Kazaa message system.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    yes i know the RIAA are aiming to send 1million of these every week to people uploading and downloadingmp3's

mind telling me what file you was downloading or uploading when you got this message please?

fuck Derby County

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    I believe that it was Boys II Men - Yesterday.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Get peerguardian and keep it updated mines shut ports on several bad ip's

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    I got the same message then two weeks later my ISP contact me thretening to shut off my service, they said someone complained

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    tarzan's Avatar lore keeper
    I got the message too,but it was a week or so ago.
    then my firewall lit up for about 2 days with hella intrusion blocks *shrugs*
    connection?

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Everytime I hear about one of these instant-message receptions, I see in my mind the old image of a Dutch boy standing in front of a dike ... putting his finger in a leaking hole, certain it would hold back the ocean.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast