Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: virus help

avg tells me a file called "syh.exe" is a trojan but avg cant do anything about it like delete heal or move to vault anyone got any ideas how to rid computer of the file

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    C[a]N's Avatar ArchWayisHardWay BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    open your computer in safe mode & turn system restore off for all hard drives.and then system scan again with avg.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    cow_dung's Avatar 2010 Killua
    I remember once when avg couldn't remove a virus for me, so I tried anti vir and that program removed it..

give antivir a try and see if it helps, it free

you might also want to download autoruns so that you can prevent/disable the virus from loading at startup
    here's a link: http://www.majorgeeks.com/Autoruns_d4686.html
    Last edited by cow_dung; 01-04-2007 at 11:42 AM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Still cant get rid of the file off my hard drive, if i try delete it says access denied and you cant move it to another partition on my drive. Its a "r a" which cant be changed so looks like it stays there till i reformat next time.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Hunter View Post
    Still cant get rid of the file off my hard drive, if i try delete it says access denied and you cant move it to another partition on my drive. Its a "r a" which cant be changed so looks like it stays there till i reformat next time.

What does the scan say when AVG is finished ? Did you remove the Trojan or ? I would n't settle for leaving the malware on your computer many ways to remove a stubborn file or folder .

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    i can rename file move files on my c: drive cant change r.a. tried programs that say they can delete on reboot nothing works shame cant move to another partition then i could do a format on the partition i put it on. have even had in recycle bin but it still cant find it. One problem i have cant boot into safe mode when i try it just reboots all the time

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    popwar's Avatar Popwar
    if you can see the file on your computer then download this program called Free Commander. it deletes anything you want . i had a problem with a virus that wouldnt delete. free commander deleted it

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    C[a]N's Avatar ArchWayisHardWay BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by popwar View Post
    if you can see the file on your computer then download this program called Free Commander. it deletes anything you want . i had a problem with a virus that wouldnt delete. free commander deleted it
    or unlocker

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by C[a]N View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by popwar View Post
    or unlocker
    Moveonboot ?

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/moveonboot.html

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    ok going to try free commander and see what happens. moveonboot and unlocker wont do it have already tried them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast