Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Afro Samurai is out yes

TYPE R's Avatar ( ^ ^ ) BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    hey guys Afro Samurai is out, starring (the voices of) Samuel L. Jackson

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Watched the first episode and its good, but seems a bit weird. a japanese anime based on a japanese manga with japanese writing and a few japanese words thrown in, but all the speech is in english. its like they've gone straight to a dubbed version. (even the mouth movements don't seem to match up). $1 million per episode seems excessive, although theres only 5 eps.
    http://isohunt.com/torrents/?ihq=afro+samurai

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    i loved the art style! show kinda reminds me a little of samurai champloo. so far this has turned out to be pretty good. what more could u want? u got samurai's with cell phones, robots, crossbows with grenade launchers, blood, gore and our own favorite samuel jackson! makes me sad that it's only running for 5 episodes.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    TYPE R's Avatar ( ^ ^ ) BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails View Post
    i loved the art style! show kinda reminds me a little of samurai champloo. so far this has turned out to be pretty good. what more could u want? u got samurai's with cell phones, robots, crossbows with grenade launchers, blood, gore and our own favorite samuel jackson! makes me sad that it's only running for 5 episodes.
    me 2 m8

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Poster
    Personally I found the dub very bad >_< Samuel has a very fitting voice, but still , he has ways to go there =/ Animation is, as was to be expected, very good. The music, oh well, it sucks, but then I have never been able to stand that kinda shit.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    ep 2 is out and it's mostly flashbacks to afro's younger years. it does this quite well and it's far from boring. expect more robots, cell phones and crazy decapitations! good stuff.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    ep 3 is out. i was kinda disappointed with this installment. very boring and slow the first half of the ep. 2nd half picks up, but still isn't something to look forward to. meh, hopefully it doesn't go down from here. only good thing is every ep releases weekly. thought it was gonna be like ova and 1 ep every 3-6 months. thank god. enjoy!?
    Alamo Drafthouse!

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    ep 4 is out. a little better than 3 and much of this ep is story. only 1 more to go. to bad for this was a decent show for such a short time.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    1 more eps and that the end of afro hehe

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Athlon64's Avatar Newsgroup Bot
    You know, I didn't notice this new anime until ep 4 last week. I decided to wait once I found out this series is only 5 episodes this way I can just watch it in one shot. I hope it's as good as everyone says it is because I definitely liked Samurai Champloo/Kenshin.

Afro.Samurai.S01E05.PROPER.WS.DSRip.XviD-aAF

is out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast