Thread: Want A Free Site, No Ads/pop Ups

TRshady
    This is a great tip to have all this for FREE:

45mb webspace
    NO adverts or pop-ups
    www.yourname.tk

Do this:

1. Sign up with Geocities for a free site: www.geocities.com/sitename
    now you have a free site but with adverts, 15mb webspace + long site name.

2. Paste this HTML code into each page you have created before the </body> tag: <textarea style="display:none;"> to remove the ad-square&#33;

3. Register with dot.tk to give your site a www.sitename.tk website.

4. Use yahoo briefcase (with same login as geocities) to upload 30mb of files and simply link your site downloads to there.

There a professoinal page, now just add counter, guestbook, headlines and more (if you wish). Check out This site for an example of what can be done&#33;

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    OR use prohost which hosts 50 MB and then just upload the files as htm and not html and there won&#39;t be any ads. Then just redirect with .tk

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Hello Johnboy

Haven&#39;t seen you about for a while.

Busy on ES5 ?

SharePro was here the other day doing a bit of advertising.

Now there&#39;s a coincidence.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    coincidence thats all it is, i didn&#39;t even know that sharepro came here . Im not advertising es5 here or anywhere else, simply just adding an addition to the tip.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    That&#39;s really cool&#33; The only bad thing is that I don&#39;t think that Geocities supports Frontpage anymore Can you thinkof/make any other script that can remove tripod banner/pop-up ads b/c they are the best free hosting service I know of except for the ads....

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    like i said use prohost.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    stop stealin ma links ya bum&#33;&#33;&#33;

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Duties are not performed for duty&#39;s sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
    Mark Twain

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    geocities will remove you pretty quickly when they realise you are not displaying their ads.

best to register multiple names say 3 then put a rubbsih website on them with a single page. then use the rest of the space to make your site with the no tags option. the use the tk redirect serve to the hidden pages.

when they check it they will go to index.html which ofcourse will be your rubbish site displaying the ads so no problem.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Can you upload Publisher sites on this? If not, do you know of any free places which I can upload Publisher files?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast