Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Change Windows Boot Screen?

Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by freak@19 May 2003 - 21:46
    i did i tried too click and right click they both download the same way..... Maybe somethings wrong with my comp??? First time i've ever had this happen.but it only does it on that site
    That's weird. You browser isn't redirecting you to the file for some reason. Do you have IE6 with Service Pack 1? The latest version of Java Virtual Machine?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    yes nightwolf thats what it seems to be doing!?!? I'm not quit sure what version IE i have and JVM don't even know what that is *cough*noob*cough*lol....And some have suggested theme xp or something like that im using ME

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by freak@20 May 2003 - 02:49
    yes nightwolf thats what it seems to be doing!?!? I'm not quit sure what version IE i have and JVM don't even know what that is
    Are you able to use Windows Update? That should tell you if you software is up to date.

You could also try going to Control Panel - Add-Remove Programs. Find your version of IE in the list and double-click on it. Then select 'Repair'. This will only work if you still have the original install files on you hard drive.

It could also be that your Privacy or Security settings (under Internet Options) are too high to download from this site.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    I believe one of the two progs will help and its login.gui and logo.sys I believe.

WindowsBlinds

or Stardock desktop object

Windowsblinds

Object Desktop

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Poster
    style xp pees me off because you have to reload the theme everytime you log on.also, you can't change anything without disabling the theme.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    hez trying to change boot up screen not

log ons and themes

boot up screen for

verizon 2000 n lower requires just switching a simple picture which can be edited through paint... <-- very simple... i&#39;ve changed it before... just the bar doesnt load anymore on the bottom....

xp boot up screens u need to dl the bootup n edit the boot.ini log <-- this is risky and you may mess up ur computer like that

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    wincustomize.com has boot screens

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    those programs arent reliable... i used it fugged up my computer had to reformat... well itz not reliable onli for the boot up changing for XP...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Poster
    I want to change the BIOS screen.

I flashed my BIOS on an old hp computer, with a newer bios and now the hp logo is replaced with a very colorful intel logo screen. No traces of hp anywhere&#33; Horray&#33;

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123