Thread: Two Towers Help

I tried using VCDGear to convert Lord of the Rings Two Towers DVD Screener (The.Lord.Of.The.Rings.The.Two.Towers.CD1.DVDScr.XViD-ViTE) to bin/cue files so I can burn them and watch them on my tv, but it won't let me convert it. It says "could not locate mpeg stream". How can I convert them?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Edit: Oh wait, I just reread your post. What your problem is, is that your files are still in .avi form. Your going to need to encode them to .mpg first. Go here and it should tell you every thing you need to do.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    the file needs to be converted to mpg first then let nero do the rest, use tmpeng or something to convert avi to mpg

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Thanks! I think I should be able to do it now. I thought it was already in mpg format.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Originally posted by Bagman007@18 May 2003 - 23:08
    I tried using VCDGear to convert Lord of the Rings Two Towers DVD Screener (The.Lord.Of.The.Rings.The.Two.Towers.CD1.DVDScr.XViD-ViTE) to bin/cue files so I can burn them and watch them on my tv, but it won't let me convert it. It says "could not locate mpeg stream". How can I convert them?
    What you have is an avi not an mpeg, you need to convert the avi to mpeg first, but once converted you dont have to make them bin files you can burn mpeg straight to cd to play, use tmpgenc in conjunction with the guides at http://www.vcdrhelp.com

But i dont really bother with encoding because I've had alot of troubles with it.

Besides doing that you could either buy a kiss dvd which plays alot of the computer formats but that will cost you $$$ or you could connect your computer to your tv/video but your video card needs a video out connection.

Or you could do what i do and hunt around for an already converted version of the film , and by the way svcd is better quality than vcd although some dvd players wont play them, so you use the supertrick to fool your dvd player into think there playing a vcd you can find more about that at the site i gave you.