Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i can't upload while you have a seedbox!

kayvanblue's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11

Sick

Man thats not fair while some of you guys have a seed box with 100 mbit connection,, while ago i downloaded a huge 24 gb torrent from one of the famous tv trackers (3d rock from then sun) this guy above me is seeding like crazy,he has been online and seeding non stop in pas 5 weeks...the torrent that i am talking about has average 7 leechers all the time..so far i only managed to to pay off 7 gb of that torrent..he alredy has uploaded 200 GB +.....anywhere other than this tracker i woould have had 300 Gb uploaded with my 5Mbit connection by this time!! i wanted to download another huge torrent that i always wanted but because of this nightmare guy i should wait another 2 mounths...i wish he wins the lotto and forget about this bit-torrent thingy

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by kayvanblue
    Man thats not fair while some of you guys have a seed box with 100 mbit connection,, while ago i downloaded a huge 24 gb torrent from one of the famous tv trackers (3d rock from then sun) this guy above me is seeding like crazy,he has been online and seeding non stop in pas 5 weeks...the torrent that i am talking about has average 7 leechers all the time..so far i only managed to to pay off 7 gb of that torrent..he alredy has uploaded 200 GB +.....anywhere other than this tracker i woould have had 300 Gb uploaded with my 5Mbit connection by this time!!
    you get what you pay for

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Hanz™'s Avatar making the world go BT Rep: +3
    It's true. There should be diminishing returns on upload ratios so that people won't overseed, when it harms others? Maybe?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Hanz™'s Avatar making the world go BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by 1b4dm0f0 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kayvanblue
    Man thats not fair while some of you guys have a seed box with 100 mbit connection,, while ago i downloaded a huge 24 gb torrent from one of the famous tv trackers (3d rock from then sun) this guy above me is seeding like crazy,he has been online and seeding non stop in pas 5 weeks...the torrent that i am talking about has average 7 leechers all the time..so far i only managed to to pay off 7 gb of that torrent..he alredy has uploaded 200 GB +.....anywhere other than this tracker i woould have had 300 Gb uploaded with my 5Mbit connection by this time!!
    you get what you pay for
    Is that really the point of bittorrent though?
    Should we allow it to become about money?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by kayvanblue View Post
    i downloaded a huge 24 gb torrent from one of the famous tv trackers (3d rock from then sun)
    //
    the torrent that i am talking about has average 7 leechers all the time
    more than likely, those aren't really leechers, but people who only downloaded certain episodes out of the torrent. if you partially download a torrent, you still show up as a leech instead of a seed.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanz™
    Is that really the point of bittorrent though?
    Should we allow it to become about money?
    you would not pay for bittorrent, you would pay for the internet connection

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    This kind of complaint is nothing new as ive seen it in other forums as well. And one thing i can guaratee u is that they will never outlaw the concept of seeding for too long. Personally, id rather get good speeds on older torrents because someone bothered to seed to his heart's content than just get 20 kb/s because overseeding is suddenly frowned upon.
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    lol sucks to be you. Give me a pm i may help
    eee

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    kayvanblue's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinenooby View Post
    lol sucks to be you. Give me a pm i may help
    Thanks bro, but i dont think God himself can help me now.
    by the way to the friend above ,i did not mean complain..i just share d the reality in my story with you guys. and yup you could be right ,i never thought of those partial downloaders!! i thought i was doing a smart move by downloading a huge torrent,i always thought huge torrents are a good idea to boost up the ratio,at this point, now i proved myself how wrong i was. i should be thankfull for what i have..if i wanted to buy this series(here where i live) when the dvd came out i should have gave my entire salary of one mounth for it! heheh
    thanks

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    The Murder Mile
    This is why whenever I get access to a new tracker, I seed a file previously downloaded from another site on the new one and try to build up a buffer between the amount downloaded and uploaded. Try sorting the torrents by number of leechers and see if you have any of the files and seed them.

On a similar note some sites have a seeding policy of either seed to a X ratio or for Y amount of days
    Last edited by h4mm44d; 01-05-2007 at 10:47 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast