Thread: How giving invites afffects me??

Hello guys, sorry if my question seems stupid but I want to be sure about it.

I recently became Power User in a private tracker (maybe this is common for the most of you, but for me is the first time and it wasn't easy (256 kbps upload) ) and now I have gained the privilege to send invites.

I want to send a few to some friends but I want to know how their behaviour in the tracker affects me. If for example I invite a few people and they get banned I'll get banned too?? Is this matter diferent acording to each tracker??

Thanks in advance.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Depends from tracker to tracker and depends on how the person was disabled. Some tracker will just warn you and take away your invites if you invite a cheater and some are harsher and will outright ban you too. So do be careful.
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    thx for the quick reply.

I thought that was the case but I had to be sure. Some of my friends are not the "keep ratio up" types so I'll pass sending them invites. I was talking about torrentleech, do you know how they treat you for inviting cheaters?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    crossfade's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Correct me if I'm wrong but TL has a very loose inviter-policy for poor sharers. However they are strict when you invite cheaters.
    Last edited by crossfade; 01-05-2007 at 10:50 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by spahar View Post
    thx for the quick reply.

I thought that was the case but I had to be sure. Some of my friends are not the "keep ratio up" types so I'll pass sending them invites. I was talking about torrentleech, do you know how they treat you for inviting cheaters?
    Be careful with TL. I friend of mine invited a cheater and he himself was IP Banned 20 min later. rofl.
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    so you can't trust your friends to keep a ratio or refrain from cheating? sounds like you need to evaluate if they're really friends

pretty much anywhere that you invite a cheater, you're going to lose your ability to invite at the least, and probably get your account deleted.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by lysine View Post
    so you can't trust your friends to keep a ratio or refrain from cheating? sounds like you need to evaluate if they're really friends
    You don't judge your friends from their ability to keep good ratios in torrent sites for god's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by crossfade
    Correct me if I'm wrong but TL has a very loose inviter-policy for poor sharers. However they are strict when you invite cheaters.
    I thinks i got something wrong. What's the difference between poor sharers and cheaters, I thought it was the same, in case they are not I am reffering to poor sharers who may get banned for not maintaining a good ratio.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    gustafo's Avatar p2p bi4tch BT Rep: +3
    I thinks i got something wrong. What's the difference between poor sharers and cheaters, I thought it was the same, in case they are not I am reffering to poor sharers who may get banned for not maintaining a good ratio.
    spahar, it's 100x better to get your account disabled because of poor sharing than cheating

call me Smart, but that's just my instinct, 'cause i have no brain

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    crossfade's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    You don't judge your friends from their ability to keep good ratios in torrent sites for god's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by crossfade
    Well, I'm not that familiar with the cheating methods and such but cheating is, for instance, when your BitTorrent client (e.g. uTorrent) reports false stats to the tracker. By false stats I mean less download and more upload (of course), and not by a few MB's but more in the range of 10s or 100s of GBs.
    Poor sharers, on the other hand, simply keep a (too) low ratio.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    yesterday i was looking at TL top 10 and there was a guy with like 100000000TB uploaded at the blazin speed of 1000TB/s or something like that needless to say he got banned right away. I think he didn't want to fool anyone, just screw around... or maybe he was just really stupid. Cheating and having a poor ratio are completly diferent things.