Thread: Pda's

i am looking to buy a pda i know all you techies have 1 i need 1 to play video, mp3's, and read docs like pdf's

would like a nice slot for large expansion 2

i have been looking at the new sony any give me some reviews of it

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Very Large Member
    I can personally recommend the Packard Bell PocketGear 2030.Ive had it for about a week and it does everything you need.The expansion slot takes mmc cards and secure digital(Ive got a 256mb SD card in)The salesman said that until very recently palm OS didnt support movies,mp3 etc so the pocket pc OS was better for it cos it had been supported longer and had more stuff available.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    I don't have much experience with PDAs.

With that said, I wouldn't recommend Sony only because of the proprietary memory stick they utilize. This is a common practice of Sony and it means any memory you buy in the future has to come from Sony. This means your forced to pay their price.

Generic memory media and add-ons are better features to look for. This will save you money in the long run.

And, who knows if Sonys memory stick will be around 5 years from now? At least the others have been around awhile.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    wow thx i like the look of the sony but completely c where your comming from on the memory stick i think it will b around for a long time as they have the slots in a lot of the sony stuff

me being a sony collecter i would prefer to do the other route
    as when i went into the sony shop they only have 256 card at the mo
    and they are quite expensive

thx for the help