Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The invites worth thread needs to be rethinked.

Backslash's Avatar you're dead BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    pretimes are stupid. i dont really care about pretime. waiting fifteen minutes is not gonna kill me when i have six different trackers to choose from. transfer speed is bs too. only amount of leechers and torrents is important and, of course, the content i'm looking for.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    yeah I second that, rarity means shit. Only valuable to a couple anal retentive members here. If they want it so bad let them pay a ton for it but keep it out of the rating system.

It should be rated on content, speed, pretime and something like requests. By the last one I mean like how fast and often a very old release is filled, ie ftwr would be like 4/5 or 5/5. This rarity wastes people's time.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #13
    phoenixfire's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by luisc View Post
    pretimes are stupid. i dont really care about pretime. waiting fifteen minutes is not gonna kill me when i have six different trackers to choose from. transfer speed is bs too. only amount of leechers and torrents is important and, of course, the content i'm looking for.
    Transfer speed isn't bs. Cuz you know I would like my files quick and you know, not taking forever to download.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #14
    Backslash's Avatar you're dead BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by luisc View Post
    Transfer speed isn't bs. Cuz you know I would like my files quick and you know, not taking forever to download.
    if there's enough seeders, i max out easily. i get fast enough speeds on most sites i use. taking forever download depends on filesize as well. you can't compare leeching something from hdbits and oink and seeing which finishes first

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #15
    n00b BT Rep: +1
    FTN is great cause of the free packs and the great content that is only available.

Any scale that ranked sites would have to exclude sites like Oink and BitmeTV from the 0-day trackers.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #16
    Back Again!! BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi_Avenger View Post
    i think that someone should create a new thread called What Sites Are Worth or something similar..here there will be the BEST trackers 4 content and pretime, not for rarity...IMHO TL ist better than many many sites
    Yeah if you just wanna download Music DVDs.

Quote Originally Posted by dukegotgame View Post
    i agree tl is better than alot of the sites that are rated higher
    I used to love TL but the last few months my love has been lost for it. Nothing but crap gets uploaded there anymore.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #17
    Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    With Zagar, agreed. Rating general sites should be different from ranking specialized ones, because quality is different with specialized ones. Content is more important over speed, pretime, and whatnot. (If I can't find the file anywhere else, I'm willing to wait a week before it finishes downloading).

If a new thread is made, supply and demand should be considered. With the old one, only the supply is considered. This means that U*-* is ranked so high because about zip people have invites. However, hardly anyone except elitists want the site, because everyone says it's just an average site.

There should 2 site ranking scales: one each for general and specialized trackers.

There should 1 invite ranking scale: some people each week should take the numeric calculations of the number of times a site is wanted, and divide it by the number of times it is needed. The number would be its ranking. However, a site would not make the list if either the wanted or the needed number is below a certain amount (let's say 6). [edit: Nevermind, not such a good idea now that I think about it more. Since most trades are done in PMs, you wouldn't know the exact number.]

Of course, the above ranking system would be too complicated and literal for practical use, but it sounds like a cool concept to my half-gone mind. Maybe it could be an add-on to a simpler 4-number or color scale.
    Last edited by Shadowfire; 01-07-2007 at 02:55 AM.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #18
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfire View Post
    With Zagar, agreed. Rating general sites should be different from ranking specialized ones, because quality is different with specialized ones. Content is more important over speed, pretime, and whatnot. (If I can't find the file anywhere else, I'm willing to wait a week before it finishes downloading).

If a new thread is made, supply and demand should be considered. With the old one, only the supply is considered. This means that U*-* is ranked so high because about zip people have invites. However, hardly anyone except elitists want the site, because everyone says it's just an average site.

There should 2 site ranking scales: one each for general and specialized trackers.

There should 1 invite ranking scale: some people each week should take the numeric calculations of the number of times a site is wanted, and divide it by the number of times it is needed. The number would be its ranking. However, a site would not make the list if either the wanted or the needed number is below a certain amount (let's say 6). [edit: Nevermind, not such a good idea now that I think about it more. Since most trades are done in PMs, you wouldn't know the exact number.]

Of course, the above ranking system would be too complicated and literal for practical use, but it sounds like a cool concept to my half-gone mind. Maybe it could be an add-on to a simpler 4-number or color scale.
    That was a lot to take in..... but a more efficient system is how hard or easy it is to get hold of acc AND how good their speeds are. Personally these two are main factors which determines whether a site is worth hunting.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #19
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    FTN is cool, if you wait a while most popular stuff is free so no need to worry about keeping ratio up. However there is a very small # of seeders, probably because there is only 5000ppl.

RevT is by far my most used site. Very fast releases. TL is right there with it. They really go back and forth on which one gets it first.

IDK what sct or other ultra rare sites are like. I had iplay, which was considered 4.5, but I never used it. I didnt find it nearly as valuable at TL or RevT

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #20
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by superman1496 View Post
    FTN is cool, if you wait a while most popular stuff is free so no need to worry about keeping ratio up. However there is a very small # of seeders, probably because there is only 5000ppl.

RevT is by far my most used site. Very fast releases. TL is right there with it. They really go back and forth on which one gets it first.

IDK what sct or other ultra rare sites are like. I had iplay, which was considered 4.5, but I never used it. I didnt find it nearly as valuable at TL or RevT
    Revtt has really done ya know.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast