Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 55

Thread: How often u guys defrag ur HD with using BT as daily?

  1. #1
    Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    182
    i was leecher for using Newsgroup still i am using NG somtimes.
    My question is How often u guys defrag ur HD with using BT as daily for keep ur HD is healthy or last long.
    i usually delete and move the files a lot after i watched.

  2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,979
    honestly? almost never. i know i should do it once a month but i never get around to doing it. Last time i defragged my 3 hard drives was at least 3 yrs ago and its still going till now.
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT


  3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    aburyach's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,184
    Never reformatted on my new computer (~1 year)... I *believe* my HD's are fine, its not like I use kazaa which will infect my computer instantly BT=safe,clean,fast


  4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Posts
    13,107
    i find all the fragmented files are usually in the files ive downloaded.

  5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Mr Nice Guy BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by DefianceX View Post
    honestly? almost never. i know i should do it once a month but i never get around to doing it. Last time i defragged my 3 hard drives was at least 3 yrs ago and its still going till now.
    wow man...................i use diskeeper and just set it and forget it so that way it defrags when it needs it

  6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Delta B.C. Canada
    Posts
    10,816
    Quote Originally Posted by letstrade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DefianceX View Post
    honestly? almost never. i know i should do it once a month but i never get around to doing it. Last time i defragged my 3 hard drives was at least 3 yrs ago and its still going till now.
    wow man...................i use diskeeper and just set it and forget it so that way it defrags when it needs it

    Ya the new Diskeeper 11.0.686.0 now does it automatically I don't even think about anymore .

  7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Posts
    8,120
    I have 2-400 gig HD's and 1 500gig MyBook and I haven't defreged in about 2 years now and all is well. A little fragmentation is good for the soul I say

  8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    General2k's Avatar Death's End BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    993
    I do mine about every 2 weeks or so... Used to do it every week before I got 2 drives installed. I use my secondary HD for all my BT and Newsgroup stuff, so my main drive should not have to be done as often.
    Gee, Brain what do you want to do tonight?
    The same thing we do every night Pinky. Try to take over the world!

  9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by router2004
    My question is How often u guys defrag ur HD with using BT as daily for keep ur HD is healthy or last long.
    everyday

  10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    famous45's Avatar money=happiness BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    195
    I defrag about once a month. Also formated my windows hdd awhile back with a a larger cluster size to keep if from getting fragmented so much when downloading large video files.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •