Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: High download speed slow upload....

crossfade's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    My download speed is 16x faster than my upload, but when you look at the figures you know why...
    4 Mbps down (for 50 GB, afterwards it's unlimited at 1 Mbps)
    256 kbps up (unlimited but what is unlimited at 256 kbps, really?)
    Yeah, Belgium's paradise for uploadin'...

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Woow thats some speed......crossfade. It is definately paradise
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    lol @ crossfade's speeds!
    eee

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    crossfade's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    You know what the funny part is? You're all laughing at my speeds but in my country that's one of the best deals you can get!

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Poster BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    i don't understand this thread ...
    1st of all i see so much confusion here between bw and download speed. bw is measured in kilobits per second and it's what the ISP is telling you and download speed is measured in kilobytes per second (and is what you will see on the torrent client). 1 kilobyte = 1 kilobits.
    2nd on dsl and adsl it's normal to have an upload speed much worse than the download speed ... that's the disadvantage of this technology.
    3rd the ISP really has nothing to gain if you download more than you upload... it's vice versa. if they take something from another network it might cost them money. if they upload something to another network they might win money. depends on the agreements they have with other networks cause sometimes it does not matter, but anyway if it matters the rule is like on phone operators (all the calls i made to your network [download] - all the call you made to my network [upload] = the money i have to pay you). usually this rule is applied when 1 network has content and the other does not have any content and is only downloading.
    about the internet access ... here in Romania we make small LAN's (small might mean 100 users) and we buy a good bw from the ISP. this way we get a good price for buying a large bw plus we have a low cost/user plus we have good bw cause not all the users use the bw all the time.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    faresalandlos's Avatar laZy bUt a legEnd BT Rep: +1
    we all the same

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234