Thread: Newshosting or NewsDemon?

Ne'tu's Avatar Member BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Hello!

I want to try a little bit newsgroups and I need an advice about the server: which one offers the better service for the money? I know there is GigaNews too, I've tried it, but it's more expensive than those two. Or is there a better offer?

Thanks.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    I don't think you can really go wrong with either. I personally have newshosting and would recommend it to anyone.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    I am not a n00b BT Rep: +4
    I would also recommend newshosting never had any problems with them.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    duynghia's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    With a NewsHosting 45 days retention account you might download 80+ days (maybe 87 days I don't remember exactly) files in which NZB points to.

I think NewsHosting is the best overall, it has the good retention as I mentioned, it's not only cheap but also fast. I used NewsHosting service for over half a year, I almost download at my bandwidth limit.

NewsDemon is actually NewsHosting's reseller (from trace route result) so download speed is as same as NH. Each of them offer different options.

On the other hand, GigaNews is the fastest and best retention, I could reach my bandwidth limit (2Mbps) with just 1 or 2 connections of total 20. Incredible
    I'm playing with GigaNews because I don't have to pay for it

Last but not least, I heard that UseNetServer's good, has anyone tried it yet?
    Last edited by duynghia; 01-08-2007 at 07:58 PM.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    i am wondering about usenetserver also?

Thinking about switching to newsgroups