Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I've been wondering... Why?

SpiderPig's Avatar The Clams BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Ok, so I've been in this business not long, and I was wondering why people wanna get the BEST or the ELITE tracker? I mean, I am very satisfied with BitSoup and TorrentLeech because they have pretty much everything I need. If I needed something they didn't have, I'd just request it and most likely it'll be up in a week or two. I mean, don't every tracker have about the same releases (I.e. if you want the newest DVDR of Star Wars, you'd probably find it on most of the mainstream private trackers)? Also, the speeds are usually about the same unless you want something like 1+Mb/s. So.. Why does everyone like to trade invites and/or accounts that they have spent a lot of time to invest in?

You can make a case for special sites like a national site with only your language or a DVD-only site or even a music only site, but what is the point of having all these general (0-day? Idk, i just saw it somewhere) trackers when all you're trying to do is get some free stuff that you can pretty much find elsewhere?

Just curious..

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    You could be an elitist, wanting all the hardest to get sites. Or you could just be curious and want to find out about the hype that others are talking about. Some of the greatest sites like ScT (so I'm told) have good exclusive packs that are cool and convenient. Or, you can just find the invite trading business very fun. I dunno.

You have good philosophy, btw.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I don't know either, and I feel the same as you.

I have 4 tracker sites that I'm a member of, and I get 99% of everything I look for from just 2 of them. (Torrentleech and Supertorrents)

There is a poll around here somewhere asking how many trackers, members are signed up for, and I was shocked to see that the norm was like 20 or so.

Some people just want to be part of all of them I guess.

yo

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by dude12345
    Ok, so I've been in this business not long, and I was wondering why people wanna get the BEST or the ELITE tracker?
    it is human nature

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Flip RepresenT BT Rep: +5
    I like to collect =D and once I have the best Site I will rule the underworld and comeout as king!!!

but really I just do it cause I like doing it and I really got sucked into the scene =)

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by mofo. View Post
    Ok, so I've been in this business not long, and I was wondering why people wanna get the BEST or the ELITE tracker?
    it is human nature
    Took the words right out of me mouth.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    davidkz23's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by mofo. View Post
    it is human nature

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    aburyach's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    ScT is really nice...they have exclusive packs that no one else has That convinced me, I am always looking for more content

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    BillStruth's Avatar misunderestimated
    to start with i found myself registering with lots of different torrent sites, probably because of a bit of excitement at having discovered something new, and greed. now i only use 3 on a regular basis.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    for me, the packs (free leech or not) separates the elite trackers from the regular 0day trackers. thats incentive enough to really wanna join them.
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast