Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avi To Vcd

Does anyone know of a good easy to use program that can convert Divx and AVI files to VCD apart from nero?
    Cheers guys for ur help

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    BANNED
    M8 u could tri panasonic encoder or tmpgenc

guides on how to use

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    nerodoesnt convert i dont think....it burns as though...

1.Rip the dvd from cd
    2.convert to vcd compliant mpeg using *flask Mpeg* and the panasonic plugin.
    3.split into 2 halfs
    4.burn with nero.

OR, download it already as a vcd =D

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Actually huuramis Nero does convert, but you have to have the MPEG-2/SVCD Plug-in (you can get it off kazaa).

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Poster
    ooh, does it convert the vcd compliant mpeg to .dat ? or the dvd ripped vob to vcd compliant mpeg ?

cause flask mpeg takes about 9-12 hours to convert a dvd to vcd...but its great quality =D better then all these poxy vcd's u see around.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Cheers guys. But where do I get the panasonic plug in for flask mpeg?

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    How do I get this to open Avi files ? I have read the Help files but it doesnt say anything.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    BANNED
    Originally posted by evisujedi@20 May 2003 - 14:57
    How do I get this to open Avi files ? I have read the Help files but it doesnt say anything.
    I dono if u can m8..if u want pm me an email add,and i'l sent u the panansonic stanalone encoder+crack which u can use for avi.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    What is a good program to use to split the file before nero reincodes it?

None of the splitters have tried seem to work very well (the one that did was shaer ware and would only save the first half). I tried using TMPG to decode, but it would not read the audio file. So I would have had to pre-extract it. Not much luck there.

Basically, IS there a free program out there that is SIMPLE to use? I am not very bright apparently.

Thanks

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    ooh, does it convert the vcd compliant mpeg to .dat ? or the dvd ripped vob to vcd compliant mpeg ?
    Well without the plugin, Nero will only covert .mpeg files to vcd compliant .dat files. But with the plugin, it will convert the avi files, to mpeg, and then the mpeg to .dat.

Oh and Neuromancer, you werent very clear on what type of files your trying to cut, if its .avi's the best to use is VirtualDub.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast