Thread: Help!

Sorry to come to your boards only seeking help, but I have a small torrent problem x.x my roommate downloads torrents all the time and it slows down my internet connection, is it possible to set up his computer to download those and not affect my internet speed?

Sorry again to come to your forums, but any advice would be great!

2. Lounge   -   #2
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicSprite View Post
    Sorry to come to your boards only seeking help, but I have a small torrent problem x.x my roommate downloads torrents all the time and it slows down my internet connection, is it possible to set up his computer to download those and not affect my internet speed?

Sorry again to come to your forums, but any advice would be great!
    You should set his torrent client to download at half of your max (combined) connection speed. So if you're on a 2 meg connection, set his to download at 110KBps maximum.

With uTorrent, you do as follows; Options >> Preferences >> Connection >> amend the 'bandwidth limiting' box.

Also set his upload at half of your maximum upload speed. You can then share the connection.

Im not sure how to limit other BitTorrent clients but I imagine others also come with this feature, ABC certainly does.

If not, get a program called netlimiter and install it on his computer, you can then use that to limit his connection.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Nice post mankster. Pretty much says it all.

Let the spammage begin.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

4. Lounge   -   #4
    micky3840's Avatar LOVE TORRENT FILES BT Rep: +5
    you got that right