Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Apocalypto [2006]

mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    w0w, i'd figure there would be some sort of thread on this. hrmm, i thought there was. well, none in the search anyway.

i just finished watching this to see what all the "underground" hype was all about. first hour of the movie is pretty much u getting to know the tribe and how they live. 2nd hour of the film goes into the tribe fighting off another tribe in order to stay alive. i live mel gibson and so far his directing skillz, but i did not find this move really any good. sure, there are some parts of this film u mite be like, "ewww, that's nasty", or "w0w, lol, that's cool". or something along those lines, but after one watch of this u'll prob be like, "well, at least i didn't pay to watch it in the theatre". it mite be worth one watch as of now, but after that u'll probably end up forgetting all about this one. i know i will. bland and don't understand why it took so long to release.

Trailer
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    i watched it yesterday, its full on action for almost all of the movie, some parts were very bloody so dont watch it while eating. (9/10)

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien5 View Post
    i watched it yesterday, its full on action for almost all of the movie, some parts were very bloody so dont watch it while eating. (9/10)
    i don't concur. full of action for almost the all of the movie? well, if u call action running thru the jungle laughing or chasing a pig..., sure. very bloody to me in this movie just didn't cut it. imma need the directors cut and/or unrated version to get the "very bloody" version out of this. maybe my expectations were to high? mel vs braveheart needs a little more imo.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    mabe you thought it would be better and felt let down - i wasnt really expecting it to be great or anything, and it's not really the sort of movie i would like to own on DVD, but i really enjoy the fighting, and chase scenes, it depends, the films i like most are action type films. this film has plenty of action in it, and blood, stabbing, killing, decapitation etc.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    It has a very arrogant title.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    well if could make a title up for this film it would something like: "escape" hunter" or something like that.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post
    It has a very arrogant title.
    So is the producer Mel Gibson . But seriously have been waiting for a good Torrent as I never go to the movie theaters any more .

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    its a very different movie; in a good way though. the subtitles and way it was shot make it feel non-hollywood. it's a good break from the cops n guns action movie crap thats made over and over. the scenes where the tribe is entering their captors' village and the following scenes were very cool i thought. i kept feeling like i was watching a documentary tho from the camera shots and the character interactions. not what you're used to seeing in a movie theatre, but a welcome change for me.

it kept me entertained and i'd give it an 8/10.

Spoiler: Show

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    I enjoyed it,don't know if its historically accurate,has some very humorous situations at the start.
    I like these docudrama things,would it have suited people better if Mel hadn't directed it?
    8/10

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    I saw this film it is OK ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast