Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How Do I Crop Off The Black Letterbox?

Benno's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by harrycary@23 May 2003 - 08:33
    Benno
    Wha? Your examples makes no sense. That 2nd example is not square(4:3). So what? You got white bars along the top and bottom? Whatever...

share on..
    Of course if you watch the movie full screen you will have black bars. But they are put there by the player and arent in the original movie file. Thats what my 2nd example was., and thats how I understood the question.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    If you removed the black bars of letterbox, and did not replace them with anything, but did not change the ratio aspect....

Would not you end of with black bars on the top and bottom of it anyway?

B)

Also if you went from letterbox to TV, it would make everyone tall and skinny not fat. (IE at the end of some movies...)

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by nueromancer@23 May 2003 - 14:53
    If you removed the black bars of letterbox, and did not replace them with anything, but did not change the ratio aspect....

Would not you end of with black bars on the top and bottom of it anyway?
    When you watch it fullscreen yes. There are black bars of course.
    Dont ask me why he wants to remove them, thats just how I understood his question.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    Poster
    Hmm...
    I think the issue is in how people interprete what brakak was asking. The way I took it was that he wanted to remove the black space that is encoded in the video file itself, leaving everything but the letterboxing unaltered (although whatever it's played on would add letterboxing to it in full screen). The way others interpreted it was that he wanted to view it without any black space on the screen (so it fills the monitor). The latter would require the aspect ratio to be different and would distort the picture. It really seems like he meant the first one, since the same issue has bothered me before with vids I've downloaded and I think that it's really stupid to encode black space in since it just increases the size of the vid (although it really wouldn't much if it were 100% black, but it never is) and makes everything next to the edges lower quality.

Anyways, just trying to shed some light on the subject.
    Kazaa Corruption Fixer --> Fix any corrupted CD image, archive, or video file you've downloaded with Kazaa.

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    Originally posted by Benno@22 May 2003 - 08:33
    I think he meen it like this:

Black Letterbox:

No black letterbox, but the movie is still in widescreen

And now all you guys can guess from which movies I took the screenshots.
    "Evil dead 2" -- "dead by dawn"

"From hell"?

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    And the winner is fallenknight308.

Both correct

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123