Thread: Phillips DVP-5960 DVD Player

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    If you have an HDTV and watch lots of loaded content then this is player for you.

It upscales a DVD picture for your HDTV (not pure HDTV picture though) and that's not all. It has a USB port on it so you just transfer your movies to your flash drive or USB hard drive and watch the content on your TV effortlessly.

Not only that, the player bumps up your picture for your HDTV!

So far it has played Divx and Xvid movies and clips with no problems. I have been watching TV shows on a 65 inch big screen and has looked absolutely great.

You just press the USB button your remote and it shows all your files. After selecting your file you can fast forward (up to 32x), pause, and rewind just like a normal DVD.

I got the DVD player for only $60 and it's normally $80.

It's a no-brainer, whether you have a HDTV or hate burning a discs to watch content that you won't care about later. Just wipe the USB key and put more stuff on it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Is this a follow-up/improvement to the DVP642?

yo

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Sure is a slim design eh ? Found a short review here : http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/p_repr/P.../32096949.html

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Is this a follow-up/improvement to the DVP642?
    Kinda....

I mean they are similar only in that they play Divx.

This one adds HDMI for HDTV and the USB port basically.

TNT has been showing 4 episodes of Alias late Thursdays and I missed that the last 4 (the last one from season 4 and the first 3 from season 5). I already tivoed the next 4 epsiodes from season 5 but couldn't watch them cuz I missed the ones before them.

I just downloaded those 4 off bittorent in about a hour, sent it to 2 USB thumbdrives and I was watching them in widescreen in near HD quality.

The player is ultra thin also.